Didn't realize it was April 1st?

#22 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Hairspray is far too small for the Palladium but it makes sense as its the same producer as The X Factor.

#23 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1276 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Hairspray Is not coming back... Get over it!!

#24 Little Bear

Little Bear

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hairspray is in planning to put it in as a 3-4 filler at the Palace after SINTR leaves!

#25 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

So is commitments delayed again then as that was due to open in october?

#26 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Stage ens produce sitr, hairspray and X factor, so it's in their hands what happens.

Heard that it will come in depending on contracts and cast. It might have a few months off after the current tour and not be a x mas filler but might go in start of 2014 after tim rices new project and do a longer run before going back on the road.

#27 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

A new musical with original songs (mostly, by the sound of it).  What's everyone's problem?  Any other time you're all jumping up and down about how we should support new British musicals... even when they are a pile of crap!

#28 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Personally I don't jump up and down about new British musicals, I couldnt care less what nationality they are as long as they are good.

For me i dont like X Factor, dont like Harry Hill, therefore it holds no interest. And with the dwindling interest in Xfactor with the general public, and also Simon Cowell (and his shows) slowly falling in popularity (his latest cooking show on itv is a bit of a flop) I wonder if the public are now too savvy to his manipulation of media and the public. I cant help think this should have been done a few years ago

#29 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

X is set for the Palladium in Spring.

#30 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Description on London Theatre Guide:

A Musical comedy. A Musical comedy. Goes behind the microphone and under the judges’ desk to reveal the (not necessarily accurate) story of heartache and laughter. Meet Chenice who lives in an ITV blackspot because her Grandad’s iron lung interferes with the signal in her caravan, and the only girl in the world who has never heard of The X Factor. When she accidentally stumbles into the audition queue with her talking dog, she starts a journey to both stardom and love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users