1118 replies to this topic

#31 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Oh my days.An iron lung hey?Lots of them about.Rumours of millions being spent on this dross.

#32 holler

holler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

I confess I did actually just chuckle reading the synopsis of this. Which is more than can be said for the entire show of Viva. If Viva had only had this plot and with the Spice Girls songs maybe it would have worked.

I've been a long-term fan of X Factor (and Pop Idol and Popstars before that), but since they've moved to auditions in a huge arena and tried to make every series bigger I've just got frustrated. That said, I am a little excited about another new musical, and I'm not turned off yet. Bracing myself for another disappointment...

#33 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

I was cautiously optimistic about this show after hearing the positive reports from the workshop, but that summary sounds rubbish.

#34 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hmmm, this could become a Marmite musical me thinks

#35 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

"The only person in the world who hasn't heard of the X factor"?? Get over it Simon Cowell you arent that big...

#36 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Oh yes, because that was clearly written by Simon Cowell wasn't it...
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#37 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

This is slowly intriguing me. It might be all hype, but it does have my attention.

#38 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Granted I was already pretty pessimistic just at the mention of this musical, but after reading the summary I had to laugh. I can already tell the critics will take the pleasure in slaughtering it for its predictable sounding plot, although I guess we will just have to wait and see. It might surprise in the end. But I don't think it'll be one of these musicals that appeals to a really wide audience. As someone has previously said, it'll be a Marmite musical; some will undoubtedly love it and others will despise it. Who knows? Perhaps it'll be good for entertainment value.

#39 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Confirmed by Stage Entertainment today

http://www.thexfactormusical.com/

#40 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

This is just the most depressing news. Clearly, zero lessons have been learnt from Viva Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users