17 replies to this topic

#1 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I obviously missed a notification about members ticketing opening for the NT Shed because I got an email telling me that public booking opens tomorrow.  So headed to the website and I see that Bullet Catch is already virtually sold out - got the last two gallery tickets for one of the remaining nights.

Also interesting is that members are limited to two tix for each production - I messed up and picked the wrong date for Mission Drift, and so planned to return the unused ones, but the website won't let me book two tickets for another night...  I'll have to try in my partner's name tomorrow when public booking opens.

#2 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

None of them excite me tbh. Was thinking of booking for Table, but I don't have much space to fit it in, so won't bother.

#3 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

According to the blurb, people quite often get killed doing the bullet catch. That has to be exciting!

#4 Lou105

Lou105

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

View Postdallardice, on 28 February 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

I obviously missed a notification about members ticketing opening for the NT Shed

I don't remember one either..

#5 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

The bullet catch show thingy is playing as part of Brighton Festival in May, tickets 15

#6 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

More tickets released for public booking - tix available in the Stalls for all dates for Bullet Catch.  Agree with you to some extent PN2, the programme is not as exciting as I'd hope, but I'm intrigued in the space as a new temporary venue, and with the NT's returns policy it made sense to me to go ahead and book and can always return the tickets later....

#7 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

View Postdallardice, on 01 March 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

with the NT's returns policy it made sense to me to go ahead and book and can always return the tickets later....

You do know that they now charge £2 for returning or changing a ticket?  I think this is rather steep, especially for the type of organisation and possible cost of the ticket.  I know the NT used not always to charge a fee, as I can recall once being able to obtain a refund without quibble or penalty, although this was a long time ago.  More recently I had a ticket for a performance I was no longer able to attend and, when the Box Office staff member said there would be a £2 charge (on a £12 Travelex ticket!) I said that in that case, I would retain the ticket and try to find a taker myself amongst friends and family.  It was a popular show so I'm sure the NT would have resold it in no time - fairer perhaps if a charge depended on how well a particular play or show was selling.  But guess what?  When I said I would keep the ticket and try to dispose of it myself, the staff member had a change of heart and gave me a credit voucher for the full amount instead.  This seems the best solution, i.e. the NT retains the funds and the patron has an incentive to re-book.  It's hardly as though I would have tried to sell the ticket for a profit but I'm sure it must happen.

#8 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

The first three shows may not appeal to you personally but they all promise to be excellent. Lyn Gardner put Mission Drift amongst her top theatre of 2011 after its Traverse run during the Edinburgh Fringe and Bullet Catch was a palpable hit there last summer. Table is the one for me - Rufus Norris, Javier de Frutos, Rosalie Craig, Jonathan Cullen, ...

#9 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Fringefan, I know about the £2 charge and I always buy tickets with the intention of going and rarely change/cancel unless reviews have been awful or something else important comes up.  So I regard it as an insurance policy rather than a natural right and I'm prepared to take the risk.

Honoured Guest, thanks for the recommendations - I hadn't really researched much about them as I had thought "I'll look into those when they open members booking" and ended up booking in a rush last night when I realised that public booking was about to open this morning.  Sounds like they're all more interesting than the initial blurb might make them sound, I look forward to them with more interest now...

#10 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Booked one of the £12 stage level seats for Table. Love Rosalie Craig and Paul Hilton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users