18 replies to this topic

#11 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Really don't think Aladdin would work here, as someone mentioned we have it in panto every year, would love to see Hercules I agree with that poster but of them all would love Tarzan!

#12 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 02 March 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Apologies for double post, can I delete a post ?

Apparently not, but moderators can hide them if we spot them.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#13 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Ooo now I'd like Herculeas.

"I have often dreamed, of a far off place, where a hero's welcome, is waiting for me"

#14 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostMatthew Winn, on 02 March 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Apparently not, but moderators can hide them if we spot them.

Ok Thank You :)

#15 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostJoule, on 02 March 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

I'd love some more Disney in the West End.
Hunchback would be absolutely amazing - check out videos of the Berlin production on youtube.
Wow, I will look on YouTube. I love the hatchback, story and music.

#16 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Poppins was great because it was a British produced musical. Cameron was the brains behind it. Disney was the cash.

Menken tells me Newsies is not coming here and never will.

Disney are probably happy with Lion King.  It's sold very well for 11 years and is great for families. I think the show is dull beyond the first 5 minutes - but it's inherently theatrical and is a great event for kids.

Aida will never come here.

MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#17 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostMusicalTalk, on 03 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Poppins was great because it was a British produced musical. Cameron was the brains behind it. Disney was the cash.

Menken tells me Newsies is not coming here and never will.

Disney are probably happy with Lion King.  It's sold very well for 11 years and is great for families. I think the show is dull beyond the first 5 minutes - but it's inherently theatrical and is a great event for kids.

Aida will never come here.

How you know so much?

Happy about newsies and aida don't think they would work over here but Tarzan or little mermaid would do great I'm sure although both would need fairly big theatres and doesn't look like any will be free for a while, maybe the Victoria palace isn't billy on its last legs !

#18 Monteverdi

Monteverdi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Aida has been doing the amateur circuit recently and does have some good emotional songs, but is all a bit lightweight, well especially next to Verdi. actually Verdi got it right. The film that would seem perfect for the stage is Pinocchio -but then for anyone who saw Opera North's production of Jonathan Dove's gorgeous opera, anything after that would seem redundant.

#19 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostMonteverdi, on 03 March 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Aida has been doing the amateur circuit recently and does have some good emotional songs, but is all a bit lightweight, well especially next to Verdi. actually Verdi got it right. The film that would seem perfect for the stage is Pinocchio -but then for anyone who saw Opera North's production of Jonathan Dove's gorgeous opera, anything after that would seem redundant.

Julie Taymor I think was developing Pinocchio at one point, it would interesting to see what she would done with it, I think it would be great if Pinocchio was an actual puppet created by either Basil Twist or Handspring.

I remember reading about Disney having a few projects in development such as Dumbo, Father of the Bride and Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland as potential musicals plus Shakespeare in Love which was planned to be a play co-produced with Sonia Friedman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users