#21 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostEpicoene, on 06 March 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Downhill indeed. If I wanted to read the Chilcot Report into the Iraq war I'd rather do it at home.

Off-topic, but for one thing the Tricycle has a new Artistic Director and for another, the new programme is very varied and very different from the old.  Red Velvet was an early hit; One Monkey Don't Stop No Show a popular success and Paper Dolls is sounding promising.

#22 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Have 2 tickets for matinee on April 3rd but due to family illness it is unlikely we will make it. Excellent seats B10 and B11  £22 each. Private message me if you would like them. Otherwise will give back to box office as returns.

#23 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

View Postfringefan, on 06 March 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Off-topic, but for one thing the Tricycle has a new Artistic Director and for another, the new programme is very varied and very different from the old.  

I was not aware of that so thanks for the info. However on visiting the website I find that Shared Experience are part of the new programme so I'm not that enthused.

#24 *Michael*

*Michael*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 05 March 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

What could have happened- and I'm being very cynical here- is that they sold it, but decided not to tell me, since it was a single seat booked, and I'd have no way of checking whether it had been occupied. However I'm sure the Hampstead box office staff are honest people, and that would never happen.

Same for me when I returned a single ticket for Di, Viv and Rose - no luck in selling it despite being the final show of the sold out run - apparently nobody in the returns queue wanted a single seat...hmmm.

#25 Mattybeeee

Mattybeeee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Having worked in box offices, I think the likely situation is that they may have had some of their own seats to sell last minute - house seats etc - which they will always favour over selling returns as selling returns makes no money for the theatre. I know for a fact they would not have resold the seat without returning the money to you. That just isn't done. Also, in my experience the majority of people in returns queues want a pair.

#26 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostMattybeeee, on 11 March 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Having worked in box offices, I think the likely situation is that they may have had some of their own seats to sell last minute - house seats etc - which they will always favour over selling returns as selling returns makes no money for the theatre. I know for a fact they would not have resold the seat without returning the money to you. That just isn't done. Also, in my experience the majority of people in returns queues want a pair.
  Really? I've occasionally returned tickets for sold-out shows (ones where there is an actual queue at the NT for example) and I've never had difficulty with  a single ticket.

#27 Coated peanut

Coated peanut

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

I've recently returned a ticket for Longing about 45 minutes before the performance started and they managed to resell it for me.

Few weeks ago I also had to return one for Merrily we roll along (also sold out) and that didn't sell.

Guess it really depends on who is queuing on the day.

#28 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Went tonight and the returns queue was empty - hardly surprising given the awful weather - but the theatre was packed. Nearly didn't bother to go myself as a long cold trek but so glad I did, thought it was absolutely brilliant. I can see that it isn't everyone's cup of tea but you couldn't fault the production values and the acting was superb - Tamsin Greig always does it for me and well matched here with Ian Glen, even the minor parts very well done. Agree with the critic (can't remember which) who said it would be great to see the whole cast (+ creatives) do a 'proper' Chekhov.

#29 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2529 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostEpicoene, on 07 March 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

I was not aware of that so thanks for the info. However on visiting the website I find that Shared Experience are part of the new programme so I'm not that enthused.

Bracken Moor, the premiere production of a new play written by Alexi Kaye Campbell, to be produced by Shared Experience and the Tricycle.

Nancy Meckler left Shared Experience recently, after over twenty years there, to pursue her freelance career. Last year she directed A Streetcar Named Desire for Scottish Ballet which won the South Bank Sky Arts Award 2013 for Dance, presented earlier this week.

At the Tricycle, Paper Dolls has just extended for two weeks and Red Velvet won several awards and was highly recommended by Lynette.

#30 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

V enjoyable. A new Chekhov play is born and will be done again I think. Not as heart rending at The Cherry Orchard or Three Sisters, or Uncle Vanya,  say, no one quite self centered enough or In total despair. But terrific performances all round
Someone back in thread asked if grass is real. Yep.

Where Iain Glenn next? He seems to be climbing back up the greasy pole of theatrical venues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users