19 actors in the cast

#2 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

It really, really better be good.  Getting in at 11:30 on a Monday night isn't ideal.  After Park and seeing Purple Hearts I'm very interested to see it though.  He has another new play opening this year in New York.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#3 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Same here, when I booked I didn't know it was that long, otherwise would have booked the matinee. It will be way past my bedtime by the time I get home!  If I'm not enjoying it though I willl leave at the interval.

#4 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Postitsuckstobeme, on 10 March 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Same here, when I booked I didn't know it was that long, otherwise would have booked the matinee. It will be way past my bedtime by the time I get home!  If I'm not enjoying it though I willl leave at the interval.

Me three!  So wishing I'd booked for a matinee performance, yet RC matinees I have booked recently have all turned out to be on the short side, some even without an interval.  Sod's Law, I suppose.

#5 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2081 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

I've booked a matinee and am worrying about making it across London in time for the evening performance I've booked. You can't win ! :)
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#6 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Postxanderl, on 10 March 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

I've booked a matinee and am worrying about making it across London in time for the evening performance I've booked. You can't win ! :)

Same; I've got to be at the Almeida in the evening. Need to squeeze dinner in too.

#7 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2081 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

The RC will usually swap tickets for another date at no charge, so might be worth asking the box office if the running time is a problem.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#8 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

View Postxanderl, on 11 March 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

The RC will usually swap tickets for another date at no charge, so might be worth asking the box office if the running time is a problem.

I've never actually had a problem crossing London in time and dispense with dinner when out anyway, but my matinee (on the day when I have The Low Road in the evening) is at the NT, and I'm not getting into another discussion with them about being charged £2 to change a £12 ticket!  However, I will in future try to bear these costs in mind when booking tix at theatres which do charge.  The Almeida charges £1, which is better, if still something I'd rather avoid.

#9 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2525 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Fringefan, I'd love to hear how you travel between venues in the most cost-effective manner. Walk? Hitch? Feign a health emergency and call an ambulance?

#10 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 11 March 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Fringefan, I'd love to hear how you travel between venues in the most cost-effective manner. Walk? Hitch? Feign a health emergency and call an ambulance?

HG, I'm sure you're being facetious, but just in case, I use a one-day Travelcard, which for yokels from the sticks is cheaper at weekends.  Though of course that's when engineering work is at its worst and naturally I do walk if that's the best option.

Also tagged with Royal Court

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users