9 replies to this topic

#1 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

How is he not bored with playing Frankie Valli now?  Don't quite understand how performers can bear to stay in a show so long!

#2 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

First of all I adore Ryan's Frankie so personally I'm happy he is staying on.

But to answer the question: It's a fantastic job (great money and it gives him the freedom to do other projects due to the amount of time off he gets at Jersey Boys). If I was him and I didn't have anything fantastic lined up I wouldn't leave either.

On top of that the work environment at Jersey Boys is great. I've soken to several cast members about this and everyone is always full of praise.

And although he sometimes gets accused of looking bored on stage I'm pretty sure he does still enjoy playing Frankie. I've seen the show a lot of times since 2008 and some of the best performances from Ryan I've seen were in 2012 and 2013. :)

#3 Camholgate

Camholgate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I saw Ryan yesterday,and was amazed by his performance-one of the best I've seen him give. Delighted he is continuing the role of Frankie-he is simply the best!

#4 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

It could be a once in a lifetime opportunity when a leading part in a WE musical comes up at the right time for a performer. It might not happen again. He is so right for the role. Plus of course it means employment :)

#5 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

I'm saying it here and now: I'm sure this will be his last year. Definitely.

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3361 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

It could be the shows last year anyway. I am surprised he hasnt be offered broadway

#7 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

The producers have basically done everything they can to keep him in the London production. They probably wouldn't want to "lose" him to Broadway while the show is still running in the West End.

#8 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Just saw him tonight. He was amazing. It was my first time seeing Jersey Boys and whilst it certainly isn't the best thing I've ever seen, Ryan was sublime. He evidently loves the show -  every time the audience applauded you could just see the sheer delight on his face. I have never seen a performer get so much delight from the audience in anything I've seen.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#9 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

For anyone interested, Ryan is doing a DJ and live vocal set at Hide Club, Jermyn Street on 11th May. Starts at 10:30pm.

#10 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

I only first saw him at West End Live and he's sheer pleasure & enjoyment was palpable. It made me want to see JB & Ive seen it 6 times since. I've only seen Ryan once but he was fab as was John Lee who I also saw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users