32 replies to this topic

#21 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I've also now seen and enjoyed this; it even made me consider reading the book, though that isn't my usual genre.  Lots to praise, but in particular, I thought it was a cracking cast and that each character was well-developed and plausible. I still don't know who I was watching (other than, obviously, Liza Pulman, since she has been mentioned above), but I prefer to immerse myself in the show and look people up afterwards - which I shall certainly now do.  It would be unfair anyway to single anyone out in this case, but I shall be looking out for certain faces in future.

#22 Sal74

Sal74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Saw this last week and adored it. Liza Pulman is brilliant. Will definitely be looking out for her in future. The only person I didn't rate was Sabrina. She can sing but there's something irritating about her that I can't put my finger on.

#23 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostSal74, on 08 May 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Saw this last week and adored it. Liza Pulman is brilliant. Will definitely be looking out for her in future. The only person I didn't rate was Sabrina. She can sing but there's something irritating about her that I can't put my finger on.
Having worked with her on Les Mis, Sabrina is very much a singer rather than an actress. Lovely girl and all but does amaze me how many people talk about her as the next Elphaba! She was great in WWRY but when it comes to a production like Sleeping Arrangements that exposes acting ability, I'm afraid she falls short.

#24 Sal74

Sal74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostSSB, on 08 May 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

Having worked with her on Les Mis, Sabrina is very much a singer rather than an actress. Lovely girl and all but does amaze me how many people talk about her as the next Elphaba! She was great in WWRY but when it comes to a production like Sleeping Arrangements that exposes acting ability, I'm afraid she falls short.

You may be right. I couldn't understand why she is so underwhelming in this and I think it is her acting. I saw Sabrina not the character sadly.

#25 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostSSB, on 08 May 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

in your opinion right? as the reviews all said she was brilliant! i certainly thought she was

#26 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

I also thought she was tremendous, and I didn't know any of the cast so was surprised to Google SA afterwards and find she was already a name.  She had such charisma and confidence - possibly more than required for the part of the young nanny, but it shone through.

#27 Sal74

Sal74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

That's the thing. For people that haven't seen her before you can't help fall for her charisma but that is Sabrina. I didn't see any acting at all. Just my opinion.

#28 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

so you know sabrina personally then?

#29 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Funnily enough, I do;)

#30 vintage-heart

vintage-heart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Can anyone tell me the running time for this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users