#131 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostMrs Lovett, on 21 March 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

I was on V stalls for Privates on Parade and they were fab.  Have they put them in for just this season? They were slightly raised and as a result didn't have any heads in the way! There is only one downside - when ever anyone walks behind u (as several members of the cast did) the whole row jerks. Violently.
Can cope with that, sounds like our lecture theatre at work, if you sit in the front row the whole thing shakes.

#132 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Saw this on Saturday afternoon. Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw both superb- the former especially. Charming and touching.

The play has some beautiful lines about growing up, what it means to become an adult. The opening is scene is very good indeed. But it runs out of steam and gets a bit repetitive, despite being only 85mins long. The two writers- Barrie and Carroll - felt underwritten, and I'd have liked to have seen Nicholas Farrell is a better part. He's an actor I like very much.

Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland both well played- just on the right side of annoying.

Christopher Oram's bookshop design is stunning, but more could've been done of the 'fantasy' they then go to. Was a touch too panto for my liking.

Still, well worth a look if only for Dench and Whishaw. And that beautiful opening scene.

#133 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Forgot to say- was sat next to exactly the same chap as I was for Privates on Parade.  Suspect we both booked the £10 dress circle seats for the second Sat mat for every production in the season!

#134 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

DId you strike up a conversation?

#135 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Did for Privates (was on my own then), but didn't this time- I was there with someone, as was he. We did say hi and recognized each other though!

#136 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5133 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ah , a little short story there....

#137 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

"Same Time, Same Seat" - there is a play there somewhere.

#138 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

The story begins when the other person doesn't show up for a performance and the seat is empty.  Then the narrator tries to find out what happened and who that person really is.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#139 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postmallardo, on 25 March 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

The story begins when the other person doesn't show up for a performance and the seat is empty.  Then the narrator tries to find out what happened and who that person really is.
  In 'Saturday Night Fry' c1989, Stephen Fry did a sketch about an ideal day in London which ended with him watching the new Michael Frayn play and then remembering that he was meant to be on stage which accounted for the Pinteresque pauses...

#140 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Does anyone know if there's been much demands for day seats?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users