236 replies to this topic

#171 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Couldn't care for this one too. Found the play a bit of a dud. Some nice performances but the characters had nowhere to go on the whole. It felt like the playwright said all he wanted to in 10 mins then just kept saying the same thing in other less successful ways over the remaining 80. Great to see Dench on stage but wish she had a better written part.

#172 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

Does anyone know where the day seats are located for this?

#173 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

I was at the back of the circle - really good view. But I think they can be anywhere. But like others I was bored by this. A long 80 minutes or whatever.

#174 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Back row dress circle, back row stalls, each minus the central 4 seats (which were sold in advance for a tenner).

#175 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Thanks all!

#176 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Any suggestions as to a time to get there on Saturday for a day ticket?
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#177 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Saw this last Thursday and have to say I enjoyed it. I mainly went because I've always wanted to see Ben Whishaw on stage but never managed to catch him in anything until now. Really liked seeing him and Judi Dench on stage together. I admit had it not been for the two leads I probably wouldn't have liked it that much as the play itself does drag on a bit.

I went to stage door afterwards on the off chance of meeting Ben Whishaw. Delighted to say he came out and signed and chatted for ages.

#178 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

I liked this. My goodness isn't Judi Dench remarkable - her technique perfect, that voice effortlessly audible, every syllable and her movements, old, young in betweeb. Something, eh? When she said, 'I know the way to wonderland' at the end, I was quite moved. Hope that doesn't spoil it for anyone. I think it is a good piece and very well done but I'm not sure it would have received the attention it has without Ms Dench. To me it looks like, 'What can we get so we can have Judi in the season?' and this came along....

About the seats: I was in Row A for my sins. I had not been able to change them for a little further back and my neck is aching from looking up and to the side for an hour and a half. On strking up conversation with the lady next to me I discovered that she had been sent an email as recently as 16th April asking if she wanted to change seats as some people didn't like the 'intimate experience' of sitting so close. The email was from the producers [ she showed it to me ] I didn't receive an email like this and I did ask if I could change seats a while back only to be told, 'No', in no uncertain terms. This after having paid for tix for whole season up front right at the beginning of booking. [ You may recall I did manage to change the seats for P/P and for the Innishman, thank goodness]

#179 Cat6

Cat6

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Oopsie, Lynette -- should have put Spoiler Alert!

#180 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

O come on, like people don't know what it is about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users