63 replies to this topic

#1 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Avenue Q will make it's fringe debut at Upstairs at the Gatehouse in Highgate this May and June.  

http://www.upstairsa.../show page.html

#2 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Interesting. Always thought it would work well in a fringe theatre due to the small band, small cast, and small set (would probably end up looking more like a Sesame Street television studio).

I wonder if the puppets will be completely new and not use Rick Lyon's designs, I'm sure they have grown on many people who have seen the show (or just keeping an eye out on the show's promotions). Bearing in mind however, I believe the puppets were not cheap to make for the original productions, so heaven knows what these ones will look like!

#3 Lover

Lover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

My guess is the puppets will be the ones from the West End. Nigel Plaskitt is the puppet supervisor for it also. So it would make sense that they are going to use the ones from Cam Mac.

and no - you are right, they are not cheap to make, not cheap to maintain either. Though depends whether they are just re-skinned or are fully replaced.

#4 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

This excites me! I miss this show.

#5 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Grrr...I now hate that I have all my shows for June booked...would love to see this again, especially at those prices.

Would they not have the last puppets in storage somewhere they can use?? Then I suppose CamMac would require money for that.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Oh exciting! It's out of the way for me but at those prices I'd be keen to check it out. Look forward to cast announements closer to the date.

#7 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up FireFingers, tickets booked :)
www.frontrowdress.com

#8 robberman

robberman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Fantastic

#9 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Wow. This is cheap. Is it am dram?

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#10 Lover

Lover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

The puppets are in storage. They are well looked after. Boxes with their own fans and lights to keep them safe. ! (They are scared of the dark)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users