5 replies to this topic

#1 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Interesting couple of new shows announced - "Say It With Flowers" - a 45 minute promenade performance based on Gertrude Stein's work, directed by Katie Mitchell, and "A Human Being Died that Night" by Nicholas Wright

The Mitchell piece is already showing "limited availability" for a lot of dates but possibly that's down to the staging limiting the capacity?
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#2 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Perhaps I'm a philistine, but I looked at the two new downstairs shows and didn't fancy either!  And I'd already thought the same about the new upstairs season and am actually relieved not to have to fit them in and fork out, but it is unusual for me to find nothing appealing in either auditorium of a venue of this type.  It never seems to happen to me with the Royal Court, for instance!  Sounds terrible, but in fact I admit to feeling almost glad when a theatre announces a new season and I find I don't want to see everything, especially in the case of somewhere with lots of shows in fairly rapid succession, or which has two running in rep, such as Hampstead, the RC, the Finborough, etc.

#3 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5140 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postxanderl, on 14 March 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Interesting couple of new shows announced - "Say It With Flowers" - a 45 minute promenade performance based on Gertrude Stein's work, directed by Katie Mitchell, and "A Human Being Died that Night" by Nicholas Wright

The Mitchell piece is already showing "limited availability" for a lot of dates but possibly that's down to the staging limiting the capacity?

It might mean that only a few people will understand what she is getting at. To be honest though, Stein and Mitchell seem a pairing made in the Heaven of the Obscure.

#4 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postxanderl, on 14 March 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Quite possibly, small hours was 20 people per show I think.  May well do something similar here.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#5 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

I've booked - hoping its going to be just me carrying a chair and Katie pouring sand on my head. Then we have a dance.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#6 Coated peanut

Coated peanut

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hah, that would be the perfect Mitchell experience

I was to late for the £5 tickets and can't quite persuade myself to pay £12 for 45 minutes, but booked for the other play since they still had some of the adorably cheap tickets.

Also tagged with katie mitchell, nicholas wright

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users