43 replies to this topic

#1 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I usually go to Bradleys but a number of months ago someone on this forum mentioned another restaurant nearby that they recommended. I'd like to book. Anyone remember or know a good restaurant near the Hampstead Theatre?

Thanks.
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#2 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostSchuttep, on 14 March 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

I usually go to Bradleys but a number of months ago someone on this forum mentioned another restaurant nearby that they recommended. I'd like to book. Anyone remember or know a good restaurant near the Hampstead Theatre?

Thanks.

I've been to Pasticcio a couple of times, which is on the main road (Finchley Road) about 5 minutes from the theatre. It's nothing special but the food is nice and if you have a Taste card it's 2 for 1 any day other than Friday and Saturday. There's also a decent Indian chain called Guglee a bit further down Finchley Road (heading towards Finchley Road tube station).

#3 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Plus I am a fan of Belsize Kitchens....nothing to look at from the outside but great food!
http://www.belsizekitchen.co.uk/

Walk up the hill towards Hampstead then turn right at Belsize Lane , there's a statue of Freud on the corner....in front of the Tavistock NHS centre. About 10mins max.

#4 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Thanks guys...
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#5 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostLatecomer, on 15 March 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Plus I am a fan of Belsize Kitchens....nothing to look at from the outside but great food!
http://www.belsizekitchen.co.uk/

Won't be near it any time soon but I'd like to be as I like the look of their menu - short, interesting, reasonably priced.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#6 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

I haven't found anywhere in that area where I feel comfortable eating alone, but a branch of Wagamama is due to open at the o2 shopping centre (about 5 mins' walk further north along Finchley Road), so I am looking forward to having that option.

#7 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

There's a Pizza Express just next to Finchley Road station which I'd have thought would be fairly singleton friendly. And a Chinese restaurant between that and Swiss Cottage which seemed nice too

#8 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Didn't realise how close this was the Finchley Road, spent my youth there. Yeah, the pizza express is good, the 02 centre has a Zizzi, Yo Sushi, Nandos and Byron burger place it, all great. Also has a sainsburys. Ahhh memories.

#9 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

That's useful, never ventured that far down Finchley Rd
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#10 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

It is an almost uniquely barren and uninviting area for a theatre to be located, I can only think of Wiltons Muscic Hall which competes with it for charmless urban desolation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users