Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostEpicoene, on 24 March 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

About £100 for two excluding drinks.
Bradley's is definitely the place in Swiss Cottage, then. Superb food.

And the Laughing Gravy round the corner from the Old Vic.
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#42 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostSchuttep, on 25 March 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Bradley's is definitely the place in Swiss Cottage, then. Superb food.

And the Laughing Gravy round the corner from the Old Vic.

I'm not familiar with Laughing Gravy (though I'm familiar with the reference of course). If you throw in the more expensive of the Oxo Tower restaurants Waterloo beats Swiss Cottage 2-1 then in a low-scoring encounter.

#43 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2540 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostEpicoene, on 25 March 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

... Waterloo beats Swiss Cottage 2-1 then in a low-scoring encounter.

Now this rather esoteric contest appears to have been settled to the mutual satisfaction of the interested challengers and counter-challengers, we could argue over the relative merits of theatre districts from a myriad other points of comparison. For example, which has the best air quality throughout three minutes' walking distance from all directions? Which has the best buskers of the highest musical standards to your taste on approach? Which area is the most delightful for the casual visitor? For me, which still has a nearby Spud-u-Like? There used to be loads, including opposite the Gate, across the green from the Bush and towards the Royal Court from Victoria, but regrettably they've all three closed.

#44 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'd go for whichever area had no buskers at all, good or bad.

For the accolade of Best Themed Pavement, I'd vote for the Blue Elephant in Camberwell, which has elephant footprints which light up in the pavements leading to it. It could also win Absolutely Nowhere To Eat, unfortunately (exacerbated by going in there last week to find they didn't even have any crisps at the bar).

Skylon and Gilray's surely achieve the £100 for 2 stipulation, to add another 2 points for Waterloo to make it a 4-1 trouncing?
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users