118 replies to this topic

#41 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

I clean forgot about it! I remembered at 11:20am and thought I'd be out of luck, but got 3rd row for 13th May. This won't be repeating Macbeth's success then, it seems sad to say.

#42 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Front row tickets now available!!!

#43 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Looks like there was less educational take up on the tickets so there are more available for us lot than for macbeth.

#44 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postheadacheau, on 01 May 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

£15 are available to purchase today!

Thanks for the heads-up, I was able to book earlier today as well :) Didn't get my first seat pick as according to the computer system it left a single seat (it did not, there were at least four more seats next to it...) but still pretty happy with what I got.

#45 Punk Rock

Punk Rock

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

View Postcanadian_turtle, on 01 May 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads-up, I was able to book earlier today as well :) Didn't get my first seat pick as according to the computer system it left a single seat (it did not, there were at least four more seats next to it...) but still pretty happy with what I got.

And thanks from me as well.

#46 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the first preview tonight. All the cast are very good, with a stand out performance from John Heffernen as well as Simm and SRB. The rapid fire pace of the dialogue was very impressive to watch and there are some fairly long speeches from some characters that were brilliantly executed. I didn't know what to expect from this play (knowing nothing about it beforehand) but found it to be a dark but very funny piece that I will need to go off and read more about (standard for me and Pinter plays!). I really hope it does very well and I'd be keen to return later in the run to see what has changed. Definitely recommended.

#47 zahidf

zahidf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

What was the play length?

#48 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

View Postvickster51, on 05 May 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the first preview tonight. All the cast are very good, with a stand out performance from John Heffernen as well as Simm and SRB. The rapid fire pace of the dialogue was very impressive to watch and there are some fairly long speeches from some characters that were brilliantly executed. I didn't know what to expect from this play (knowing nothing about it beforehand) but found it to be a dark but very funny piece that I will need to go off and read more about (standard for me and Pinter plays!). I really hope it does very well and I'd be keen to return later in the run to see what has changed. Definitely recommended.
Agree with Vickster, very funny. Haven't laughed as much for a long time whilst at the same time having a dark side. Lots of usual Pinter fair, monologues, pauses and exploration of language as a wordsmith. Liked all of the cast but John Heffernan was stunningly good. It has to be a good performance to eclipse an in-form SRB. I have less worries than Vickster about the plays ability to do well during it's run. (Running time was about two hours including interval).

#49 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

It was very good indeed, and for a comedy on a first preview, uncanningly so. All cast was exceptional, but I want to mention Harry Melling, who is so much younger than the rest but you wouldn't know it from his performance.
If you are interested for more, I have written a review in my blog.

#50 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Saw this last night - some critics (Spencer, Letts, the Mail on Sunday woman) were in ahead of tonight's press night. Enjoyable - very atmospheric set/lighting/sound and much funnier than I'd imagined. Great acting all round, some big names for tiny cameo roles. They seemed to be having trouble with all the wires and props (at one point, John Heffernan was searching for something in his pocket which he couldn't find, still not sure whether he was meant to or not!)

But - SHOCK! HORROR! - SRB took a prompt!!!!!!!!!! (Even worse, he couldn't hear it the first time and had to ask for it to be repeated).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users