118 replies to this topic

#71 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the advice Poly and Epicoene. Very odd pricing, and I don't see how the front row (not the stage seats) is "part of the onstage experience".

#72 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostAlexandra, on 12 May 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Very odd pricing, and I don't see how the front row (not the stage seats) is "part of the onstage experience".

They're 'waiting room' seats rather than conventional theatre seating. I sat there for Act 2- great view, but uncomfortable on a wooden chair.

#73 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Went last night. Wonderful play and wonderful cast, John Simm and SRB shone in their scenes. Felt genuinely sorry for Harry Melling's Lamb, such a sweet fellow. Indria Varma was on fire as Miss Cutts, despised the character! Clive Rowe had me smiling every time he appeared and John Heffernan is not only an extremely talented actor, but a damn looker! Sat in row BB of the stage seats and loved it, rebooked for August. FOH staff were lovely and chatty, really good production all round, five stars.
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2014 Theatre: Another Country, Protest Song, Medea, Ballyturk, Once, Miss Saigon, The Pass, Birdland, Skylight, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Commitments, Memphis, Phantom, Coriolanus, Good People, A View From The Bridge, All My Sons, Blithe Spirit, The Crucible, Richard III, Water Babies

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!, A View From The Bridge

#74 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Harry Melling is a great  talent, the only one to emerge with credit from the car crash Barbican "School for Scandal", glad to see him cast in high profile productions like this.

#75 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2091 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Someone should do Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with an all-Troughton clan cast for the brothers and Strallens for the brides
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#76 theatrepaul

theatrepaul

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Incredibly funny with some superb actingb performances, notably Simon Russell Beale, John Simm, Harry Melling, Indira Varma & John Hefferman who deliver incredibly rich & detailed portrayals of their characters. I'm still struggling with the content of the play but its worth seeing for the performances alone

#77 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Posttheatrepaul, on 13 May 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Incredibly funny with some superb actingb performances, notably Simon Russell Beale, John Simm, Harry Melling, Indira Varma & John Hefferman who deliver incredibly rich & detailed portrayals of their characters. I'm still struggling with the content of the play but its worth seeing for the performances alone
So you liked all of the cast then?

#78 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Saw this last night. Very odd play. SRB was delivering all his dialogue at such breakneck speed that he often veered into unintelligible spuffling. The show was comprehensively stolen by John Heffernan.

#79 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Certainly agree about SRB's delivery.  He has always been a fast talker but this was absurd.  Perhaps that was the point.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#80 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Fast but never garbled. Maybe it was the point, if so it wasn't a terribly good one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users