- - - - -

West End Shrek The Musical Or The Little Mermaid!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#21 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

I enjoyed Shrek when I saw it in NYC - good fun filled show!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#22 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Guest_TOM_* @ Dec 3 2009, 10:56 PM) View Post
Shrek opens at the Palladium October 2010...Sister Act closing june then going to Hamburg....

So sister act is planning on closing? Is it doing badly??

#23 Guest_Guest_divaesqueish_*_*

Guest_Guest_divaesqueish_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(mjr @ Dec 4 2009, 11:40 AM) View Post
So sister act is planning on closing? Is it doing badly??

No its not, and the royal variety performance will really boost its Chrstmas sales.
This is just specualtion after filling in gaps - Sister Act may have to move out of the way of something coming in, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's closing. And the opening of the Hamburg production is to be AS WELL as the London production, the same will be true of a Broadway production.

#24 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Guest_divaesqueish_* @ Dec 4 2009, 11:43 AM) View Post
No its not, and the royal variety performance will really boost its Chrstmas sales.
This is just specualtion after filling in gaps - Sister Act may have to move out of the way of something coming in, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's closing. And the opening of the Hamburg production is to be AS WELL as the London production, the same will be true of a Broadway production.

Yeah thats what i thought,. thanks for clearing that up. Was just a bit surprised that the london production would be going to hamburg.

And was there not talk of little mermaid or shrek going into the opalace when it becomes free again?

#25 Guest_MusicalMegz_*

Guest_MusicalMegz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

These are the two musicals I’ve been waiting to see over here in the west end, I LOVE them both and would quite happily pay to see them.

Please, please, please let the rumours be true about Shrek coming here - I LOVE IT!!! Its sooooooo funny - the soundtrack is hilarious smile.gif It took me a while to like it but once I did I couldn’t stop listening to the songs!!! The Little Mermaid also has a great soundtrack, I love some of the new songs like 'If Only' and 'Beyond My Wildest Dreams'! But I’ve heard that it was poor at Broadway so let’s hope when it comes here they can change some of it to make it better!!!

If I had to choose…Shrek is better smile.gif

#26 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

I really hope Shrek does NOT come over here! It is exactly what the West End does not need: a show based on a film with not a single decent song. Listening to the soundtrack was a terrible experience. Awful!

But I would love The Little Mermaid to come over. I think Emma Williams would make a perfect Ariel.

#27 Guest_Guest_Paul_*_*

Guest_Guest_Paul_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(pantostar @ Jun 22 2009, 11:47 PM) View Post
Hi Everyone!!!

Wanted to know if anyone knows weather or not The little mermaid the musical or Shrek the musical is coming to the West end next year??? Does anyone know for sure?????

I saw both shows in NY and they were both fantastic shows!!!
Thanks
  laugh.gif

SHrek will open at Drury Lane in March 2011

#28 Dubbie

Dubbie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

Source? I dunno what to think. I like some of the songs but don't want to lose a classic like Oliver for it..

#29 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Dubbie @ Jun 16 2010, 01:57 PM) View Post
Source? I dunno what to think. I like some of the songs but don't want to lose a classic like Oliver for it..

There was a rumour that Oliver would be ending its run in March 2011

#30 Aranel

Aranel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

I would love Shrek to open in the West End (last rumour I heard was the Drury in Autumn 2011).
Hated the Little Mermaid when I saw it on Broadway so won't be sorry if that doesn't make it over!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users