• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 westover

westover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

A Friday Night Is Music Night Special accompanied by the BBC Concert Orchestra.  Heard about this last night... I wonder how long it has been in the planning, there seems to be very little in the way of publicity?

#2 Gregor

Gregor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

http://www.hackneyem....uk/idinamenzel

#3 Eira

Eira

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think someone has jumped the gun a bit with it going up on the BBC Radio 2 website and the Hackney Empire website - it'll be sold out the minute Idina and her people catch up and Tweet/Facebook it and put in on her official website. Hopefully that'll happen in this coming week.

#4 stephdimms91

stephdimms91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Just booked tickets, glad I saw this before it does sell out. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

#5 westover

westover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Glad to see this is selling well. The stalls and 1st level are practically sold out, with limited availability in the upper tier.

#6 BrumCub

BrumCub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Theme Parks ... and lots of others that I can't put on here ;-)

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm really looking forward to this ... wonder who the 'friends' will be?

#7 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

The first I heard about this was a quick advert on Radio 2 a couple of days ago. Went onto the Hackney Empire website and pratically sold out, just a few seats left in the upper circle.
I need to check my diary very quickly if I want to go - Have seen her before, last time was her most recent concert in London but I like the idea of the 60 piece BBC Concert Orchestra accompanying her.

#8 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Update - literally 1 restricted view seat in upper circle left and a few gallery seats at £30
Everything else gone........................ (insert swearword here!!!) Left it too late!

#9 Curtain Call

Curtain Call

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

First trip to Hackney Empire today- so was able to see if Gallery seats would be OK- as I too had left it too late to buy tickets anywhere else. There are still some unreserved ones on benches available for £30 up in the top gallery. I last saw Idina in Wicked at the Apollo even higher up so I have chanced it and bought one as I feel she is worth the inevitable backache and vertigo- as the theatre has good sound and its only a concert anyway. Time will tell.

#10 westover

westover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Just on a week to go and still no mention of the 'friends' unless I have missed something... Are we to assume Matthew Morrison (Glee) is appearing at the Radio 2 show aswell as the Olivier Awards?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users