Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostJamiem, on 20 April 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

The Aldwych theatre

Top Hat is booking until 2014 but that could change as we saw with Singin in the Rain which was booking until August but is now closing in June,

#32 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Piccadilly would be nice. I love that theatre. I can't imagine Viva going on much longer considering they are practically giving seats away. Although, as long as it isn't the Playhouse I'm happy. I despise that theatre...
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#33 Val Brooks

Val Brooks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

I went to see Stephen Ward last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not only is the cast exceptionally good; the songs are good and most memorable; the dance and 'action' in keeping with the story and era, and the fashions, totally authentic. If one is expecting Cats or Phantom, you could possibly be disappointed but, if you research the subject first, especially those whom are too young to remember, those whom have forgotten or the straight-laced (one comment, "I did not expect that') and go with an open mind you will not be disappointed and will find yourself enjoying a musical that is different and works extremely well! I was just sixteen when the Profumo affair broke and it has always fascinated me for I too always believed Stephen Ward was made a scape-goat!!

#34 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hi Val,

Welcome to the board. nice and postivie first post :)

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#35 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Does she say  "Well he would say that wouldn't he"?
:rolleyes:

#36 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

It's "Well, he would, wouldn't he" and yes, she does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users