6 replies to this topic

#1 direct to

direct to

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Did anyone see this one night charity performance?

Loads of names as well as many of the Drury Lane cast.

#2 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

no, from i heard back it was a pretty special night though so im a little gutted i didn't go. plus apparetnyl there were lots of seats available in the upper circle going cheap on the day too. any news back from the night?

#3 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Did Gaby Roslin steal the show?

#4 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

I didnt even know about it - what a shame as I love 42nd Street - it was one of the first musicals I saw when I moved to London many years ago. I remember seeing it at Drury Lane

#5 NorthernSpoon

NorthernSpoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I saw it! It was absolutely fantastic!! A really really special evening with many talented performers taking part for a wonderful cause (The Caron Keating Foundation).
A few highlights were Summer Strallen in the 42nd Street Ballet, Janie Dee in the Shadow Waltz, John Partridge's performance of Lullaby of Broadway and Vicky Carr and Nigel Harman's performance of I Only Have Eyes for You.
The original 42nd Street cast made an appearance in Young & Healthy and showed that they definitely still have it!
Everyone was incredible! A truly wonderful evening.

#6 NorthernSpoon

NorthernSpoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Oh and Louie Spence was spectacular, as usual!

#7 stephdimms91

stephdimms91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

I also was lucky enough to be able to see this show. It really was brilliant. Managed to get seats in the stalls so had a great view. The original 42nd street cast were fantastic, they definitely showed they can still move, I think they may have even got a bit of a standing ovation at the end of their routine. I really enjoyed Nigel Harman and Vicky Carr singing together, their performance of 'I Only Have Eyes For You' was one of my favourites, John Partridge singing Lullaby Broadway was also fantastic, he's got a really powerful voice. Loved the ending as the full company came on to do a reprise of Lullaby Broadway, I think the fact the show was a one off is what made it so special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users