20 replies to this topic

#1 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Possible filler in Palace/palladium if commitments or hairspray doesn't happen? Only show that could fill both of those spaces..

Just a thought..

#2 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Playbill article out today says that David Ian is booking a 80 week tour starting early 2014, with possible West End return post-tour. Surely both can happen? Unless the tour starts in London, then moves out...

#3 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

I missed this, so would love to see a west end return
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#4 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Kenwright wanted to tour it but think he turned to other projects that would make a fast return.. He is touring starlight express in the Far East next year..

If there was a vote, 2014 probably is probs the best year for touring productions in a decade surely ?

#5 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I would say the whole 2012-2015 period is. You cant really pin point an exact year as it depends when your local theatre gets a show

#6 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Love Never Dies is touring 2014/15 :)

#7 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

This is hilarious. If they do bring it in, they are insane.

#8 Carmella1

Carmella1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Two versions at the Adelphi were enough for me.  No way I would see a third version.

#9 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Maybe they'll bring it back for a 'limited season' run. I didn't see it, but always felt ALW wanted it to be a hit - I assume a lot of further reworks have been done. What was wrong with it exactly?
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#10 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

ALW always wants his latest show to be a hit as its always his best yet.

For me the set was ugly and sparse, it didnt create the feel Coney Island should have.  The cast was mostly good although having seen the dvd I think the Australian Christine was far superior an actress compared to Sierra. But the main issue is the story. A sequel to Phantom was never needed, but it could have been handled so much better.  Theres no dramatic tension and the child plot is unbelievable.  They would have been better if they had kept sinister overtones and the Phantom gets Christine over under false pretences to be close to her again, there was no need for the kid.  The CD mentions a fire that destroyed Coney Island, that I think would have made for a more thrilling finale with someone dieing in the fire.  But either way it would have ended up being a rehash of the original. Phantom wants Christine, she is drawn to him, she has to choose.  The score i think is strong but I just dont think the show can be saved as the biggest problem is the story and concept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users