Major New National Theatre Co-Production?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I was persuaded to go for it by a work colleague absolutely raving about them who had NT membership and offered to book me a ticket yesterday. I'm going to the preview on the 29th. I've got the Praed St entrance, but her ticket was for London St entrance. Our best guess is that it'll be in either empty hotel or office buidling above shops.

#42 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Twitter was going mad with excitement today about this, but on here ,not so much.
Can someone enlighten us punchdrunk virgins what's so special about these events?

#43 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

They are staged in vast buildings with lots of actors, you walk around and follow the actors of your choice piecing the narrative together for yourself piece by piece. They are quite spectacular but I worry they are getting quite money grabbing now they're an established hype machine churning company.

#44 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Is often the way these companies go. Would you recommend for someone who has never been before?

#45 paplazaroo

paplazaroo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'd definitely recommend it to you but it's like many of life's pleasures, the first time is often the best!

#46 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Not like sex then.

The RSC should learn from the NT's website for this - I had to queue for a bloody long time but at least I could watch myself edging up from 1289th in the queue, gauge the pace, and go and have a pee, make a cup of coffee etc. By the way  I've never had so much money invested in advance theatre tickets as I have at the moment.

#47 zahidf

zahidf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

This was actually an occasion when advance membership was useful. Got an advance ticket no problems!

#48 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostAlexandra, on 23 March 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Not like sex then.

The RSC should learn from the NT's website for this - I had to queue for a bloody long time but at least I could watch myself edging up from 1289th in the queue, gauge the pace, and go and have a pee, make a cup of coffee etc.

I would have thought that starting from 1289th there was enough time for you to have sex too (from 89th for male queuers).

#49 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I still don't get the premium option. Premium seats in a theatre is one thing (unavoidably you have some seats better than others), but a production, any production, is conceived a certain way: "unlocking the secrets" is either part of it or it isn't.

#50 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostPoly, on 24 March 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

I still don't get the premium option. Premium seats in a theatre is one thing (unavoidably you have some seats better than others), but a production, any production, is conceived a certain way: "unlocking the secrets" is either part of it or it isn't.

It is for the iPhone generation who are used to app in-game purchases to make the thing easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users