22 replies to this topic

#21 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I would echo the views expressed above. Love Barbra but no-one is worth that sort of money. I too will stick to the CD's!

#22 BurlyBeaR

BurlyBeaR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postalec_e10, on 21 March 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I saw her last time at the o2 and had one of the seats in the gods, almost back row at the back of the arena. I am pretty sure I paid over £100 then. However, I felt as if I was watching people watching a show as I was so high up and so far away could not see her and even on the screens she was tiny. You feel very removed from the event up there. She was pretty amazing but I would not go again and sit up there and certainly not preparted to pay the price of the better seats (thats if you can get one of them).

Agree. I saw her at the Manchester Arena in 2007. Paid £150 for the upper tier. She was tiny and to add  insult to injury the central lighting rig thats suspended from the ceiling obscured the view of the video screen. From that distance you're more aware of the people around you than being engaged with what's on stage. The music was great and the full orchestra a treat but I vowed then that if I couldn't afford to be reasonably near the front for any artist/show then I'd rather not bother.

#23 luce76

luce76

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

I was lucky enough to see her for free at the O2 when she was last here (a happy combination of a friend who works for the people who run the 02 and a friend who does not like Barbra.) I was in a very good lower level seat, on the side and near the front. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the most fascinating thing for me was the early leavers. Several older couples in my section left early, not in a 'I'm not enjoying it' way I'm pretty sure, but in a 'come on Celia, if we leave now we'll beat the rush' way. I couldn't get over it. One couple left about 5 songs from the end, inlcluding the encore. Given the ticket prices, I was working out how much each song "cost" and therefore how much money they had foregone, just so they weren't a little delayed leaving the venue. Amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users