- - - - -

Original Matilda Staring Jonathan Linsey???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

I remember in the early 90's my dad taking me to see a musical version of Matilda in London staring (I'm pretty sure) Jonathan Linsey as Miss Trunchball.  It made a massive impact on me and I can still remember some of the songs ("I never was a child").  They even had the cast in the Blue Peter studio!  Does anyone remember this or where it was on, I'm pretty sure it wasn't at a major venue???

#2 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Obviously I did mean Jonathan Linsley! And it's on his Wikipedia page so at least I didn't dream it! Matilda I seem to remember was in that Tom Cruise film "Legend"........

#3 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2086 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

How interesting!

Here's some further proof you didn't dream this ...

http://www.hippodrom....uk/page12.html

March 26-31: Matilda, with Annabelle Lanyon, Jonathan Linsley, Tony Howes, Vicky Blake, Robin Hodson, Katrina Ramsay, Jackie Downey, Robert Karas, Ashley Knight, Katy Feeney, Paula Tappenden, Michael Berenger, Lisa Pugsley, Megan Shapcott, Paul Hicks, Juliet Thorneycroft, Bristol School of Dancing pupils

And also ....

http://collections.v...-blake-quentin/

Associated Production: Matilda. Playwright: Roald Dahl. Adapted by: Rony Robinson. Composer: Ken Howard. Lyricist: Alan Blaikley. Director: Graham Watkins. Actor: Annabelle Lanyon. Hackney Empire Theatre, London. 14.5.1990. Performance category: children's play.

Rony Robinson used to write a lot of stuff for the Sheffield Crucible in the 80s and 90s so possibly this originated there?
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users