Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

In the Menier's Merrily We Roll Along.

#3 angel

angel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Is she going to 'Harold Pinter' with it then? I really like her work. Would love to see her on TV.

#4 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

I would guess so as they said all the cast are transferring. I thought she was good in Merrily, noot having seen her in annything before that I remember, and she was excellent in the one-off reading of the play version of Merrily that the Menier did a few Sundays ago, totally stealing one scene in particular.

#5 angel

angel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

I saw her in The Producers, Oklahoma, She Loves Me and Merrily( four times). She always makes time for me when I see her which is kind.
I would like to see her play a bigger part now. I find her very honest in what she does do.
I'm not in the business myself so unsure of how getting bigger parts work. Is it harder if you are a ' character actor?'
I thought she would play a nice Berh or better still Mary in Merrily. I saw the understudy once, thought she was ok but didn't like her singing and thought she pulled very odd faces at times. Who was she? She had a nice smile though and I liked her in her own part. Wrong for Mary, not a Jenna or Amanda( honest and truthful) .

#6 angel

angel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Will the play reading happen again when they go to Harold Pinter? Would love to see her in that. Thanks Dawnstar.
Are you in theatre?

#7 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postangel, on 26 March 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Will the play reading happen again when they go to Harold Pinter? Would love to see her in that. Thanks Dawnstar.
Are you in theatre?
From what the Menier's boss said at the start of the reading it sounded like it was a one-off.

#8 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postangel, on 26 March 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

I saw her in The Producers, Oklahoma, She Loves Me and Merrily( four times). She always makes time for me when I see her which is kind.
I would like to see her play a bigger part now. I find her very honest in what she does do.
I'm not in the business myself so unsure of how getting bigger parts work. Is it harder if you are a ' character actor?'
I thought she would play a nice Berh or better still Mary in Merrily. I saw the understudy once, thought she was ok but didn't like her singing and thought she pulled very odd faces at times. Who was she? She had a nice smile though and I liked her in her own part. Wrong for Mary, not a Jenna or Amanda( honest and truthful) .

Amy Ellen Richardson I believe understudied Jenna.

#9 angel

angel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yes that is the girl I saw, I knew it was Amy something. Thank you ' itsuckstobeme'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users