1 reply to this topic

#1 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

A bit of a Cinderella piece and not without its faults, but this premiere of Lionel Bart's Quasimodo is certainly done with verve by an energetic cast led by the powerhouse of a voice that is Steven Webb.

And a couple of lovely ballads.
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#2 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

The book is rotten, but the songs and performances are fantastic, especially Steven Webb. Loved the scaffold and ladder spider's web set too. It's only until Saturday, but is a real gem. Also good to hear from artistic director Adam Spreadbury-Maher beforehand that they pay the performers equity rates, unlike so much of the fringe. 4 stars from me on the blog http://www.frontrowd...e-sunday-7.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users