#31 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postisabel, on 26 March 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Well Wicked has a good chance as Les Mis aren't in the list !

That's because Les Mis isn't eligible as they won last year!  Pretty sure if they were eligible they'd win again.

I don't think any of the other nominees will come close to Matilda, in fact I don't really understand why some people think it'll be a close race - Wicked is way past the height of its popularity, Billy Elliot probably won't even be in the West End much longer and Phantom's heyday was 20 years ago.  Matilda is a buzz show at the moment, that counts for a lot - Les Mis's win last year was quite likely due to the fact it came off the back of the 25th anniversary and during the anticipation for the movie version.

#32 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I think Wicked will win because, how shall I say, it has an "enthusiastic" fan base much more liable to vote than a Matilda audience.

#33 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Wicked UK has over 80,000 people liking its page on Facebook, Matilda has just over 20,000. Whilst this isnt solid evidence, it does show that Wicked fans are more interactive in an online way.  One post about voiting will go to 80,000 people, who can then share it with their friends etc etc.  The casual theatre goer wont know, or probably care, about an online vote for a show they have seen, even if they loved it

#34 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

London Road not for Best Rivival?!? Let them eat best rests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users