• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ruperto

Ruperto

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I haven't seen this mentioned much on here, but I went last night and loved it. It's by far the best use of the weeny Jermyn Street space that I've seen, with a fantastic set and brilliant sound design (a phone ringing in the bowels of the 'house,' ticking clocks etc).

I didn't know much about the play before I went, and was a bit concerned it might be very talky and creaky, but it was neither - compelling from the off, tense and creepy. After the tedium of Peter and Alice a few days ago, this was just the tonic I needed! Lots of stuff about sex, sin and Catholic guilt.

It's set entirely in the poky living room of a rambling old house, occupied by two batty old aunts and a wheelchair-bound priest played by Christopher Timothy from All Creatures...

Tuppence Middleton - who played the lead in the Beeb's The Lady Vanishes remake a week or so ago - was very good indeed. In fact they were all good. A total bargain for the £15 I paid for it, and well worth trying to get a ticket for if there's any availability.

#2 Florence

Florence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Yes I enjoyed it too. I went with a friend and felt that the intimacy of the theatre worked really well. First time I've been to Jermyn Street theatre, had a great view sitting at one side. I will have to look out for anything else as I really liked the venue.

Also tagged with Jermyn Street Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users