22 replies to this topic

#21 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Great thanks - has anyone got any good offers at TKTS? I am just finding it so expensive, even with offers much more expensive that the West End! Like I said earlier, seats I have already booked are bad (ie J&H back row and still like 45 pound

#22 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

I know I said it earlier but I will say it to you too sam22, Pippin really is a must! and it is also not too much as I got the cheapest seats at $60 and you didn't really miss much!

I also got $60 seats for Avenue Q from TKTS and they were the 9th row of the stalls and very good seats!

Newsies was very good, but was rather expensive! Sometimes appears on TKTS but if you really want to see the show you can't really count on it being there!

Annie is pretty often on TKTS and that is meant to be a nice production.

Once also appears sometimes on TKTS, but of course this is now on in London and the Original Cast have now left, so don't go if you wanted to see them!

There has been some excellent Word Of Mouth about the new production of Jekyll & Hyde, which I think is in previews currently, not sure about its TKTS availability.

Vanya Sonia Masha and Spike also has had excellent reviews if you are into Plays! Not cheap I don't think though!

Motown has just got pretty shocking reviews, but I have heard it is alot of fun if you like Motown music! Pretty sold out I think though!

Kinky Boots and Cinderella are two new shows, both of which got pretty good reviews I believe but nothing wonderful, not to my taste and selling well, but if you are interested feel free to investigate!

Off-Broadway you have Peter and the Starcatcher which is the same production that got wonderful reviews on broadway last year and the cast is also meant to be very good!

Newsical I have heard some good things about, but it wasn't really up my street, but if you like some improvised theatre you might enjoy it!

Also if I had more time I might have checked out Forbidden Broadway which looks great, but I wasn't too interested in the shows it is making fun of in the current production.

Anyway, that is all I can think of for now! Hope you have fun!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#23 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Additionally you have the two producers stars as Matthew borderick is in nice work if you can get it, which had pretty good reviews and Matthew is meant to be very good in it.

Nathan lane has just opened in a play called the nance, which got mixed reviews but everyone raved about Nathan lane (although I have a strong disliking for the man myself)
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users