Anyone Familiar With New Victoria Theatre, Woking?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nukacola

nukacola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

So basically, I booked some seats to see Cats in July in November last year, Row A. I've noticed they've added 3 rows in front of Row A. My main concern is that they usually take these out if an orchestra is needed, so does this mean Cats isn't going to have an orchestra? From the very limited photos I've seen, this looks to be the only space they have for an orchestra... I'll feel a bit duped if it's prerecorded as I paid nearly £42 a ticket! Also, is Row A raked/higher than AA, BB and CC? I'm short as anything and booked front row so I wouldn't have to worry about seeing over taller peoples heads hahaha. I've tried to find info and pictures online but all I found is the aforementioned orchestra issue. Thanks everyone.

#2 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

When I saw the last tour of Cats, the Orchestra weren't in the pit, they were offstage somewhere mainly because the set came down off the stage to make it feel like a 'junk yard' type of thing! So if they are doing the same on this tour, the 3 rows that would have been taken out for an orchestra won't be so they will be in front of you, so technically Row A will be the 4th row! I've not been to the theatre so can't comment on the rake/view? Hope that helps!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#3 PaulT

PaulT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

We usually sit in Row A and there is LOTS of leg room.  There is no rake hat close BUT the stage is really high and deep at Woking. I would have thought you need to worry about getting a pain in the neck looking up rather than worrying about seeing over taller people.  I don't know about the orchestra - I know that often these days they are placed offstage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users