#1 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Hey there,

we've decided to join ATG Theatre club as we're ideally located between Aylesbury, Milton Keynes and London. Over the next few months at Aylesbury and Milton Keynes, there are several things that I'd love to go and see so we would easily  make the money back and save more. However, I have a few questions regarding it.

Firstly, when I try to sign up, I have to select one theatre, does this mean I can only use the card at one theatre? As we'd be using it in West End theatres, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and we travel to Sunderland several times a year, so it would also be used there.

Secondly, when they have deals like "half price on Monday night", is this only on top priced tickets? or any tickets?

Thirdly, are you able to book more than 1 seat with the half price discounts? For example, if me and my partner go, or do we need separate cards?

2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#2 Lou105

Lou105

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Hi

You can use the card at any ATG theatre. I contacted them once and was told you can buy up to 4 tickets on one card.

The deals on offer vary, and can be a bit confusing, as can the logins, as you often need a new one for a different venue.   When you select tickets, there is  an option to enter your membership number, and sometimes a whole list of price options comes up, because they collate offers from different sources. So you might see references to newspapers, for example, which have run promotions. When I contacted them to clarify I was told "if you can see it, you can buy it".
I joined last year and found I could recoup the membership fee just on savings on handling fees , and small savings like £2 per ticket etc. I'd be interested to hear from others, but my general view was that it's  a bit clumsy to use, but worthwhile.

#3 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Deals are sometimes on more than just top price. I know I've ended up with back of stalls for 8.75 in Wimbledon which paid for the card in one show.
That plus saving on booking fees makes it a good deal.
Although at some theatres the deals are often 2-4-1 which is no good for me.

#4 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

I have been a ATG member for years, in my opinion, apart from WOS membership, it is the best one out there.  I've joined many schemes over the years and recommend both these schemes.  ATG offers great discount and I have recouped my membership fee many many times over.
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#5 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postabs2512, on 31 March 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

I have been a ATG member for years, in my opinion, apart from WOS membership, it is the best one out there.  I've joined many schemes over the years and recommend both these schemes.  ATG offers great discount and I have recouped my membership fee many many times over.
Out of interest, what benefits do you get? Thinking of applying but not sure it is for me. More benefit the more you go to theatre?

#6 abs2512

abs2512

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostThe Glenbuck Laird, on 31 March 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Out of interest, what benefits do you get? Thinking of applying but not sure it is for me. More benefit the more you go to theatre?

Discounted tickets with no booking fees also you can do a ticket exchange with no fee.  It only becomes a 'good' scheme if you go to the theatre a lot, I'm lucky I live on the outskirts of London and also within half hour drive to Aylesbury, so for me it's a fantastic scheme.as I try to get to the theatre at least once a week.
Titanic, Barnum, The Colour Purple, Passion Play,, The American Plan, Merrilly We Roll Along, High Society, Bullets and Daffidils, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,  Pride and Prdjudice, Let It Be, Macbeth, Billy Holliday, A Chorus Line, Salad Days, Tailor Made Man,Privates on Parade, Lift, Cabaret, Impotent, Rocky Horror Show, Kiss Me Kate, Loserville, Cinderella, Boy Meets Boy, Constellation, Victor/Victoria, Daddy Long Legs, Ragtime, I Love You Because, Singing in the Rain : Legally Blonde : La Cage Aux Faux : Sunset Boulevard : Million Dollar Quartet : Avenue Q : Much Ado About Nothing : Wicked : Lord Arthur Saville Crime : Blood Brothers : Grease : Mary Poppins : Thrill Me : The Exonerated : Flare Path : Hedder Gabler : Lend Me A Tenor : Crazy for You : Dirty Dancing : The Producers :Jersey Boys : Matilda : Sound of Music : Joseph : The Doctors Dilema :  Volcano : Soul Sister : Never Forget : Ghost : Les Miserables : Love Never Dies : Phantom of the Opera : Mack and Mable : Sweeney Todd : Chicago : Hair : Hairspray : Abigails Party : Rent : Our Boys : The Last Session: War Horse : The Kings Speech : The Wizard of Oz : Cats : Starlight Express : The Phantom of the Opera : Mamma Mia : The Lion King : Love Story : The Tempest : Billy Elliot : The 39 Steps : Oliver : Top Hat : Rock of Ages : One Man Two Govnors : Shrek : Dreamboats and Petticoats : All the Fun of the Fair : Burn the Floor : Betwixt : Ordinary Days : State Fair : Carousel : End of the Rainbow : Cool Hand Luke : The Book of Mormon : Once : Guys and Dolls : South Pacific : Sister Act : Priscilla,

#7 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Thank you so much. I've decided to join. You also get half price tickets (usually on opening night), Glenbuck. So for plays you can get top price premium seats for £15 or so.

We will easily make our money back as there are a few things coming soon that I wanted to see in the West End but never got the chance (like Ghost). Last time I saw Cats, I had a really bad stomach ache so didn't really enjoy the show as a result, so when it comes to Milton Keynes later this year, I already save the £30 joining fee in just one performance, so it really is great for us.

Thanks for answering my questions!
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#8 MrTumnus

MrTumnus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

You'll easily recoup the outlay if you can attend Monday or Tuesday nights.

Another benefit not already mentioned is priority booking for many shows before tickets go on general sale.

Not every touring show has discounts, although you will save on booking fees. Lion King and Wicked are full price and shows that are only on for a night or two are rarely reduced.

I managed eight tickets with my card (haven't tried for more).
I can't think out of the box as I don't have a box to start with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users