12 replies to this topic

#11 CAA

CAA

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

If she is interested then I would go for Marianne Elliot, other names in the ring among others would include Lucy Bailey and Edward Hall.  

#12 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

I think Hytner’s done a fantastic job from a business perspective.  Despite some of the hits others areas such as new writing and the old chestnut that is musicals haven’t fared too well. But generally it’s a thumbs up from me (which I’m sure Nicky will be delighted about!)

I feel a new model is needed as the NT isn’t theatre it’s a load of plays that people study for A Level! How about a varied programming of musicals, opera, dance, circus, mime, comedy etc ?

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#13 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostReich, on 10 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

I feel a new model is needed as the NT isn’t theatre it’s a load of plays that people study for A Level! How about a varied programming of musicals, opera, dance, circus, mime, comedy etc ?

That's the Barbican's theatre programming policy (except for the comedy). Some of the NT Shed's forthcoming programme is multidisciplinary, and there's an established NT tradition of dance and physical theatre, including DV8 (Lloyd Newson), New Adventures (Matthew Bourne), Akram Khan and Steven Berkoff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users