73 replies to this topic

#61 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Anything is better than the Apollo.  But I think you'll be all right at 10.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#62 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

View Posttheatreliker, on 01 July 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

I'm possibly dayseating for this on Saturday for the matinee. Anyone know what the queues will be like because I won't be able to get there for 10 I'm afraid. If not I imagine they will have some balcony seats left... anyone know what the views from balcony are like there? Better than the Apollo?

I managed to get evening tickets around 10.30am online two Saturdays ago. Aim for row BB over row AA as its excessively high, BB for 10 each was a bargain (and AA was empty, but available to buy online).
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#63 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Yes, no worries day seating this as it is not selling especially well. I was just not convinced by either the play or the performances of this at all.

#64 Ruperto

Ruperto

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

I saw this the night before and really enjoyed it - good, sophisticated adult entertainment, and I couldn't find fault with any of the actors - I particularly liked Owen Teale as the hubby who strays. Annabel Scholey was - as has already been noted - absolutely gorgeous. I have to admit I was surprised at the amount of nudity in it!

In the programme, Peter Nichols described it as "a serious bourgeois play, and you can also enjoy the erotic element" - an unusually dispassionate and accurate assessment of a play by its author, I thought...

I was in the third row (row A) - perfect view. It was busier than I thought it would be, bearing in mind the ticket offers that have been doing the rounds, and it got a very good reception. Anyway, I'd recommend it...

#65 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

Saw the Saturday matinée thought it was brilliant.
I take it threes glass is meant to smash in the nightmare scene?
All acting on top form.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#66 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

Really liked this, had zero expectations going in after the feedback on the board but fortunately it worked for me. I like the double actor thing which is i guess a bit of a deal breaker if you don't and whilst it took a while to get going when it did it had been hooked. Bargain £10 monday night seats in row A so up nice and close to see Zoe Wanamaker/Samantha Bond slowly breaking. Had rather too much fun playing spot the difference in clothing with Latecomer but that all added to the enjoyment.

#67 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Do you think the joke 'Is that a paintbrush in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?' was bandied about in rehearsal?
And is the glass meant to break in the nightmare sequence? I felt that they took a while to clean it up, that's all.
Brilliant though.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#68 Boob

Boob

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

I don't remember any glass breaking in the nightmare scene when I saw it.  Mind you, I was probably too busy laughing to notice.

#69 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Oh come on, it's good. Anyone else recall?

#70 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

sorry don't remember it either, was someone holding it/knock it over or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users