16 replies to this topic

#11 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Can anyone give us an idea of what songs are in the show??

#12 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

There were so many that they kind of got lost amongst one another and I barely remember them... Think: Sweets for My Sweets, Green Green Grass of Home (that scene was quite funny actually), Let's Spend the Night Together, Twist and Shout, Doo Wah Diddy Diddy, etc.

#13 livetheatreco

livetheatreco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Musicals, Plays. Running www.livetheatre.co

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Still quite tempted to go and see this even though reviews having been amazing. Our contributor Luke went on Press night, his review is here http://www.livetheat...-empire-review/
Love going to the theatre, London has so much to offer! Launched www.livetheatre.co in December 2012.

#14 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Anyone know a song list for the show?

#15 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

This is touring again soon with a (partly) new cast:

http://www.carnabyst...themusical.com/

And I went to the launch event for it at New Wimbledon Theatre a few weeks ago where it was hinted it will make its way into the West End around February.

#16 MrTumnus

MrTumnus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Every now and again you see a jukebox musical that rises above the mediocre, this is not one of them. 1st half devoid of believable characters and any coherant thread. The 2nd half  surprised me with an unexpected twist.

You go to jukebox musicals for the music, which was played and sung well. Better than sitting in the house watching telly but overall one of the worst shows I've seen.
I can't think out of the box as I don't have a box to start with.

#17 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

I saw this in Bradford and actually really enjoyed it. I only really went to see a particular cast member, as 60s shows aren't really my thing. I wasn't too keen on Dreamboats, but liked this more as the music was more to my liking - bit more rocky rather than just cheesy pop. I agree about the twist in the 2nd half, made the show much more dramatic than I expected. I think they really missed a trick though with the lead character being called Jude - I was expecting them to end the show with Hey Jude and was quite disappointed when they didn't. I assume they couldn't get the rights to the song with Let It Be being on. All in all I thought it was a fun afternoon out.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users