No replies to this topic

#1 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this but settled on here as it isn't exactly a musical or a play.

I had already planned to see Rock of Ages on Monday night at the Garrick so decided to go a bit earlier to see Potted Potter there as well. (By coincidence I ended up in nearly the same seat for both shows!) I'd seen it once already a few years ago when it came to my local theatre and absolutely loved it, it was hilarious. I thought they'd be performing with the RoA set behind them, but there didn't seem to be any sign that they shared the theatre with another show - they must be able to reset the stage easily enough between shows every day.

I loved the show just as much this time around. It is very silly (I'd compare it to Spamalot silly) which makes me surprised I like it so much because I don't normally like silly shows. But I am a big Harry Potter fan. The HP books are rushed through at a very fast pace, so I'd think anyone who didn't know much about them might struggle to enjoy this show.

The theatre looked almost full - there were only restricted view seats available in the stalls when I bought mine just before the show started (although the seat I had was hardly restricted at all) and the dress circle was sold out. A great show for adults and children :)
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users