15 replies to this topic

#1 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Craig Revel Horwood to direct the musical - a little gem if you ask me - at the Watermill, Newbury, this summer. Will be fascinating to see how it plays in a small space. I assume it's actor musician?

#2 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, one of the ladies is a cello player!
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#3 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Oh god..

#4 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Alex Bourne to play Van Horne.

#5 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

^

#6 Loopyjohn

Loopyjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Saw the matinee today.  I enjoyed this a lot.  Craig Revel Horwood has done his usual trick of scaling down a big show, without making us feel we are missing out on anything.  Having seen the somewhat overblown original TRDL production, the PoW transfer with the cheap set and the tour with a very sweaty Marti Pellow, I think I enjoyed this outing the most.  The book has great clarity and there are some fun touches.  The trio of witches (Tiffany Graves, Poppy Tierney, Joanna Hickman) look & sound fab, Rosemary Ashe reprises her role as Felicia Gabriel, Alex Bourne is a good fit as Darryl Van Horne, and the actor-musician ensemble are as hard-working as ever.  There is a versatile New England style set.  Minor grumbles - Act 2 opens with a weird clay wrestling scene that does nothing to further the plot & makes a right mess of the witches & set; would have liked to have seen "Loose Ends" back in the show (it isn't).  Well worth the trip to Newbury.  I find a matinee visit here on a sunny day is about as good as it gets!

#7 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Seeing it at the end of the month. One question: do they fly?

#8 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

how was ross william wild?

poppy was in the uk tour if i remember right and she was very good. i thought the tour cast were great including marti but wasnt a fan of the show especially

#9 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostLoopyjohn, on 01 August 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Saw the matinee today.  I enjoyed this a lot.  Craig Revel Horwood has done his usual trick of scaling down a big show, without making us feel we are missing out on anything.  Having seen the somewhat overblown original TRDL production, the PoW transfer with the cheap set and the tour with a very sweaty Marti Pellow, I think I enjoyed this outing the most.  The book has great clarity and there are some fun touches.  The trio of witches (Tiffany Graves, Poppy Tierney, Joanna Hickman) look & sound fab, Rosemary Ashe reprises her role as Felicia Gabriel, Alex Bourne is a good fit as Darryl Van Horne, and the actor-musician ensemble are as hard-working as ever.  There is a versatile New England style set.  Minor grumbles - Act 2 opens with a weird clay wrestling scene that does nothing to further the plot & makes a right mess of the witches & set; would have liked to have seen "Loose Ends" back in the show (it isn't).  Well worth the trip to Newbury.  I find a matinee visit here on a sunny day is about as good as it gets!

If Craig revill horewood wasn't on strictly - would he work as much?

#10 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

No!

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users