#1 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Pile in everybody !

The comments are better than the article (though I say so myself).

http://www.guardian....actor-auditions

#2 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks, an entertaining interlude before making dinner! But tell me why not say your name if it is on video? Someone will gossip who the columnist is soon enough.

#3 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostLynette, on 17 April 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Thanks, an entertaining interlude before making dinner! But tell me why not say your name if it is on video? Someone will gossip who the columnist is soon enough.
  I'm not sure that's the case. Is the identity of the Secret Footballer known for sure? Though I imagine less of his colleagues read the Guardian

#4 El Peter

El Peter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

I have never worked out the identity of The Secret Footballer despite thinking at several points I had shortened the lists of 'possibles'. Those columns are well written and thoughtful. I was pleased to see the other day this new idea for The Guardian of The Secret Actor which could be the basis for raising all sorts of issues and recounting experiences.

#5 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostEl Peter, on 18 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

I have never worked out the identity of The Secret Footballer despite thinking at several points I had shortened the lists of 'possibles'. Those columns are well written and thoughtful. I was pleased to see the other day this new idea for The Guardian of The Secret Actor which could be the basis for raising all sorts of issues and recounting experiences.
  Presumably the Secret Actor will be harder to work out as there must be far more possibilities than with the Secret Footballer.

#6 El Peter

El Peter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

In each line of work, Armadillo, there are quite a few possible candidates it could be, and also if the footballer is any guide then the actor may prove just as capable of mentioning particular experiences that others too have experienced while keeping it all general enough to be difficult to identify who it must be. Whatever, I enjoy reading these sort of articles for their behind-the-scenes recollections.

#7 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostEl Peter, on 18 April 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

In each line of work, Armadillo, there are quite a few possible candidates it could be, and also if the footballer is any guide then the actor may prove just as capable of mentioning particular experiences that others too have experienced while keeping it all general enough to be difficult to identify who it must be. Whatever, I enjoy reading these sort of articles for their behind-the-scenes recollections.

Have you actually read more of this series ? In Week 2 the secrect actor simply repeated verbatim an anecdote Stephen Fry had told on QI years before with no changes at all. Personally I hope Fry is the author because of the amount of negative comment that is being dished out below the line.

#8 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

We'll know for sure if one week the Secret Actor talks about running off to Belgium following a critical mauling.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#9 El Peter

El Peter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Yes, I read the second article the day of or day after its publication. It didn't amount to much. So far The Secret Footballer series, longer established too, has provided longer articles and been much more interesting than the actor-equivalent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users