63 replies to this topic

#61 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

Went on Thursday to see SOM and luckily the rain stopped about an hour before the show. I love the film so much that I have always avoided going to see it on the stage but this really is absolutely magical. The perfect setting for the show. Brilliant cast and amazing children. Interesting to hear the songs that are not in the film as they were totally new to me.
Now what they need to do is a "singalong" version so we can all join in to our hearts content.
Mind you the woman sitting behind me was singing quietly under her breath.
Oh and Nicky Clarke (the hairdresser) was there.

#62 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

View Posttheatremonkey.com, on 23 August 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

I sat in my usual A18. The stage is VERY high, and you don't see the actors from the knees down or anything below waist height at the back of the stage. SPOILER row A is also a "splash zone." SPOILER ENDS. There was also a few moments where you didn't see Maria standing behind a few props. On the other hand, you get the most amazing close up of "Something Good" and that's worth a lot, I think.

Personally, I loved being that close, but if you want to see the stage really comfortably, you need to be further back from around row E.

In the side blocks, the "high numbers" are really restricted - A24 loses over 50% and it's all the important stuff. The seats next to it lose less, but if you want side block seats, go for the other side block.

Front block generally is amazing, though, and it is like "being there" at the end, I felt.
  Thanks for the info

#63 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3751 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

If anyone is trying to get tickets for this, I've returned mine (£30) for the performance on 7th Sept, 7.45pm which is sold out. Can no longer make it, sadly :( Worth giving the box office a ring as I'm sure there are returns for not just that date.

Now just praying for a West End transfer!

#64 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 26 August 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

If anyone is trying to get tickets for this, I've returned mine (30) for the performance on 7th Sept, 7.45pm which is sold out. Can no longer make it, sadly :( Worth giving the box office a ring as I'm sure there are returns for not just that date.

Now just praying for a West End transfer!
Aw, gutted for you. After Crazy For You they may be wary of a transfer, but I reckon they my revive it next year instead.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users