12 replies to this topic

#1 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

As there wasn't a thread I thought I would start one, but this is specifically about seating!

Does anyone know if the box seats in the dress circle (K1 and 2 I believe) are any good, and how restricted is the view?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#2 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Depends. You do miss 15% of the stage, but you see the procession, and you get cast members in the box with you

#3 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hmmm, do you know if you miss anything significant?
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#4 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

I saw this on Friday, and am still not really sure what to make of it (apart from the audience behavious which was appalling)! As the opening number obviously is incredible, but there were some moments that really let me down. Can you feel the love tonight was the biggest disappointment, does anyone know when they cut the aerial ballet? That looked beautiful on videos, and without the music in the middle and with weak performers it was just a dull love song. Also the song 'Chow Down' is AWFUL! So out of place and the lyrics and inane and dull, just because they felt the hyenas should have a song, doesn't mean it shouldn't have been cut if it was awful! (And I think they should have kept morning report instead). The young Simba looked so nervous, and in 'I just can't wait to be king' kept glancing over to wing, as if he was being told what to do. The Zazu was also weak, as was the scar, and their scenes were just messy with uncomfortably long gaps for missed cues, and overlapping lines, then stopping and looking at eachother as if to say 'Oh, who is meant to be talking here'. The sound design was also poor, with the music drowning out the actors for large portions of the songs (although that may have been due to weak voices). The Nala didn't have a strong enough voice, so 'Shadowlands' lost so much of its power and emotion.

It wasn't all bad though, Rafiki was teriffic, and 'He Lives in you' was absolutely perfect, my standout moment in the show! The adult simba also nailed 'Endless night' and that song carried more emotion that most of the rest of the show! Mufassa was also very good, and 'They live in you' was nicely done. Timon and Pumbaa were also excellent!

But overall, though alot of fun, I just felt it had so much more potential! If I was a producer and I had seen that I would have marched backstage and fired the whole cast! It was all just too messy! And I think that act one should have ended before Hakuna Matata. I can see that they wanted to end the act on a high point as it is a childrens story, but ending on Scar ruling Pride Rock would have made it much more powerful! What I will say is that I don't see how this beat the masterpiece that is Ragtime to the best Musical tony award, but oh well! Still fun, but I would only go and see it if I saw tickets on offer, as the £70 that is costs for most of the seats in that theatre is much more than it is worth!
PLANNED

#5 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Cast member Aaron Morgan died today, so sad such a young talent taken so soon.

#6 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

?

#7 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Seen on Twitter what happened to Aaron Morgan, but not sure it's really something to discuss on here. Awful he was so young

#8 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Surely if its on Twitter then you can post here, both are public forums (in fact Twitter probably more so)

#9 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

It was a car accident. Saw him in the Lion King a few times. Such a talented dancer.

#10 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Oh gosh tonight will be really hard for the Cast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users