101 replies to this topic

#1 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I wanted to see this in its first incarnation and a chamber version is intriguing.Cast TBC
It is on at the newly moved Southwark Playhouse 26th July - 31st August 2013.
Tickets for the first 4 dates are £10 and then go up to £22 after that so it might be worth a gamble at that price while they are still available ...

http://southwarkplay...-large/titanic/

#2 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thanks. Booked!
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#3 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

The score to this is really rather good. Will go I think, though sad to see they're no longer doing the 'airline style' pricing- ie book early and it's only £10 for all performances. Still, £22 is not too bad, esp if it's as good as Mack and Mabel was last year. It's the same director- I have high hopes.

#4 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

I had already booked, but didn't realise the airline-style pricing (which I agree is great, and rewards regulars and early bookers) had ended.  Are you sure, PN2, or was it just that the system had been tweaked slightly for this production?  Sounds as though the cheaper tickets still exist but fewer of them and early in the run only.  

I have a subscription so have greater flexibility - only the final week of the run is excluded.  If you see a lot at this venue, the Pay-As-You-Go subscription (a misnomer as you pay upfront but save massively) is tremendous value and, of course, means the theatre gets the money upfront.  In fact, it must be the best theatre deal of which I am aware, as it doesn't commit you to any particular productions or dates like other multi-buys - it's more like a carnet.

#5 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

View Postfringefan, on 27 April 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

I had already booked, but didn't realise the airline-style pricing (which I agree is great, and rewards regulars and early bookers) had ended.  Are you sure, PN2, or was it just that the system had been tweaked slightly for this production?  Sounds as though the cheaper tickets still exist but fewer of them and early in the run only.  
Yes, it's true. Airline style pricing is no more. The box office staff confirmed it when I rang.

Saw this when it opened on Broadway. Not great but worth seeing again so I've booked.
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#6 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Just booked for this, still have some 10 seats available so booked for the matinee on the Saturday. Never seen the show professionally so quite looking forward to it as like some of the music.

Are the seats at the Southwark allocated or is it sit where you like? I have never even seen the venue from the outside but know roughly where it is.

Im going alone so if anyone else booked for the 27th matinee let me know!

#7 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

View Postsam22, on 09 July 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Just booked for this, still have some £10 seats available so booked for the matinee on the Saturday. Never seen the show professionally so quite looking forward to it as like some of the music.

Are the seats at the Southwark allocated or is it sit where you like? I have never even seen the venue from the outside but know roughly where it is.

Im going alone so if anyone else booked for the 27th matinee let me know!

Actually I feel pretty confindent that when I'm going (I'm at work and the booking details are at home).
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#8 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Oh cool. I often wonder when I see single theatregoers if they are from this board, could we all wear a badge so we know? Haha

#9 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostAnthony, on 09 July 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Actually I feel pretty confindent that when I'm going (I'm at work and the booking details are at home).

What he said, I'm pretty confident that is the date I'm going too!

#10 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Will just be a whole lot of us from here then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users