• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lem

Lem

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Sad to admit I've never been a groundling before but this will be rectified this season!
So, how long before the start of the performance do people start to queue and when should I try to get there to get a spot by the stage?
Any advice welcomed.
Thanks

#2 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

Go into training as standing for three hours is quite tough on the ground surface, concrete. In Elizzy times it was a cushion of nutshells I'm told which would be more comfy but 'elf and safety rules now, again I'm told. No sitting down. Suggest you go with hefty companion upon whom you can lean unless you run in for an against the stage spot, in which case you need to be there very early and have sharp elbows.

#3 zahidf

zahidf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Doors open around 30 mins before. Lots of space though generally.

#4 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Another good option is leaning against a wall which I find more comfortable than the stage (and makes it easy to wander in and out if the show is long)

#5 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

queue for groundlings seems to start anything from an hour before, seems to vary depending on what's on, weather and whether the groundlings have been there before. Sharp elbows are useful, i've been shoved off the front line leaning on stage before by a couple who were impervious to all the mutterings behind them so if you get a space hang onto it. Standing is hard, each time i seem to have forgotten how hard so wear you're comfy shoes, sit down in the interval and cross fingers. The stage is quite high so depending on your height it isn't that great to lean on, back wall may be better.I've had fairly good expereinces so far but do know people who have been surronded by people who have taken advantage of the cheapness of the ticket and appear to not be bothered about watching but chatted through it.

I'm introducing my mum to the wonder of this next weekend, it is with some trepidation as she doesn't like crowds and has will tell people what she thinks, so if anything sees a small cross older lady and someone appearing to try and sink through the ground next to them you will have found me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users