73 replies to this topic

#71 06s091

06s091

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

some of the unaired performances have started being uploaded to youtube so hopefully they'll upload them all as well as the full acceptance speeches. :)

Tim Minchin performs "My House"
https://www.youtube....h?v=x5ym1EcV_NY

Michael Ball performs "Love Changes Everything":
https://www.youtube....h?v=KwK9zXAb4xI

#72 Melody2

Melody2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

I think Sheridan Smith did brilliantly well as the Olivier hostess! Great response from the audience for her opening number, with its excellent musical arrangement and choreography, and it was perfect as a warm-up before the extract from Cabaret. Sheridan looked absolutely stunning, and she and co-host Hugh Bonneville, looked like Hollywood stars! They did an excellent job of linking the proceedings, and totally justified being chosen as this year's hosts. There was an obvious, easy rapport between them, and they both showed a genuinely warm interest in each person they introduced. Both of these talented actors are loved and respected by their peers as well as by the public, so congratulations to them, and to the organisers for having the foresight to choose them as hosts.

#73 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostMelody2, on 05 May 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

I think Sheridan Smith did brilliantly well as the Olivier hostess! Great response from the audience for her opening number, with its excellent musical arrangement and choreography, and it was perfect as a warm-up before the extract from Cabaret. Sheridan looked absolutely stunning, and she and co-host Hugh Bonneville, looked like Hollywood stars! They did an excellent job of linking the proceedings, and totally justified being chosen as this year's hosts. There was an obvious, easy rapport between them, and they both showed a genuinely warm interest in each person they introduced. Both of these talented actors are loved and respected by their peers as well as by the public, so congratulations to them, and to the organisers for having the foresight to choose them as hosts.

I like Sheridan as a person and have always found her to be wonderfully funny and warm when I've met her but I honestly thought she looked completely out of her depth throughout the whole show and found the "banter" between her and Hugh hideously awkward.

#74 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Is there anywhere to see Roger Allam's speech re. Michael Frayn?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users