1 reply to this topic

#1 Gregor

Gregor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Last night's 145 minute PBS broadcast of Lincoln Center's Carousel, recorded in February/March 2013 and featuring Kelli O'Hara and Nathan Gunn, is now available online on the PBS website, until Friday 3 May!

http://video.pbs.org/video/2364999751

#2 ajblowing

ajblowing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Was eagerly anticipating watching this one and wasn't disappointed - it really was wonderful. Think they trimmed some of the book to keep the running time down which I was fine with and obviously the score sounded great being played by the NY Phil. Kelli O'Hara was great as usual and Nathan Gunn a lot better than I expected going in. The real standouts for me were Jessie Mueller and Jason Danieley, you really bought the relationship between these two and why Carrie would want to be with Enoch (at least in the first act, where he was played a lot less foolishly than usual).

I know we've got some talent in the West End but when you see a flawlessly sung and acted production like this makes you realise how lucky they are on that side of the pond - also makes me laugh when I see some of the harsh comments on BWW!

FYI - Also worth checking out the recent Marvin Hamlisch concert on the PBS site, as well as the Kristin Chenoweth gig for any who want to get a taste of what we missed out on thanks to Spekulation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users