• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 theredkite

theredkite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thought I would give Rosalie a mention on here as I think she is one of the most underrated performers around right now.

I've seen her in a lot of things, most recently in Table at the National Theatre Shed, but I think she is so versatile, equally comfortable in a musical or a play, and is just as watchable in both.

Would love to hear other people's opinions on her!

#2 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I love Rosalie. Saw her on stage the first time when she was playing Arwen in Lord of the Rings and been following her career ever since. She's a wonderful actress and singer.

#3 Sal74

Sal74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hands down the brightest female star this country has at the moment. Just incredible.

#4 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

i agree with the above. she has one of the best female voices in the west end at present, but it appears she picks are shows with much delicacy. she goes for the real treasures.

#5 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I don't think she's underrated at all. She always gets great reviews and has landed some very plum roles.

#6 Andromeda Dench

Andromeda Dench

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Er... theatre? Plays, musicals, opera. Classic and modern. Playwrights, directors, performers, designers. Theatre venues. Everything.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

I haven't seen her since a fringe show called Translucent Frogs of Quup I saw a lifetime ago! She left a great impression on me back then.
''Fosse believed that, “The time to sing is when your emotional level is too high to just speak anymore, and the time to dance is when your emotions are just too strong to only sing about how you feel." ''

#7 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

She is rather glorious.  I liked her in 'Ragtime' at the Open Air Theatre.  Wasn't she in 'Anyone Can Whistle' at the Jermyn Street Theatre as well...?

#8 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

She was a very fine Fay Apple in Anyone Can Whistle.  Her sexy rendering of Come Play Wiz Me still lingers in the libido area of my memory.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#9 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

I love her, She completely blows me away with her stunning voice as Althea in The Light Princess. If she doesn't win some awards for this performance then something seriously wrong with our west end :wub: :wub:

#10 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

I would imagine she will have serious competition from Jenna Russel.

I've not managed to see Rosalie in anything yet but after all the hype about her I was underwhelmed by her in the My Fair Lady segment on the National Theatres 50th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users