And ATG get the touring rights to the sequel to jersey nights

#2 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Isn't Howard Panter a producer on JB anyway, good theatre for it although I was hoping Newsies would get the Piccadilly if it came to London.

#3 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Have I missed something...when/where was this announced???
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#4 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Postwickedlover, on 30 April 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Have I missed something...when/where was this announced???

yeah .... same !! have i missed something???

#5 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

I like how Jersey Boys seems to have achieved some sort of "protected" status, no-one is considering it closing yet everyone seems to be sure it will move sooner or later. Either to the Prince of Wales, the Gielgud, the Novello or the Piccadilly - it seems to be a never ending rumour stream surrounding this production.. :)

#6 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 30 April 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

I like how Jersey Boys seems to have achieved some sort of "protected" status, no-one is considering it closing yet everyone seems to be sure it will move sooner or later. Either to the Prince of Wales, the Gielgud, the Novello or the Piccadilly - it seems to be a never ending rumour stream surrounding this production.. :)

I guess it must sell well enough to still be running but not well enough to stay at the Prince Edward, TBH the fact it has run as long as Mamma Mia! In its original run and longer than Mary Poppins, Crazy for You is an achievement.

#7 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostJon, on 30 April 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

I guess it must sell well enough to still be running but not well enough to stay at the Prince Edward, TBH the fact it has run as long as Mamma Mia! In its original run and longer than Mary Poppins, Crazy for You is an achievement.

True - it must still be ticking by fairly happily but not making much cash. The fact closing rumours never gained any traction suggests it can't be doing badly.

#8 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostDanielWhit, on 30 April 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

True - it must still be ticking by fairly happily but not making much cash. The fact closing rumours never gained any traction suggests it can't be doing badly.

I imagine it doesn't have high running costs, the cast is not that large for a musical and the set is pretty basic so I imagine it can survive on discounts and not having a full houses.

#9 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Sorry to be thick here, but is this just another one of the JB rumours? Is it moving?

#10 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

I think so !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users