#2 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yes. Very good.

On the whole actors' Twitter accounts are as dull as ditchwater, with the notable exception of course of @SingLofty

#3 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I enjoy reading the Twitter accounts of several recently graduated working actors. I disagree that they're as dull as ditchwater! In fact, they offer a truthful partial account of the actor's life. I do sometimes wonder at what stage of their careers they will withdraw some of their tweets or make their conversations private, but for now they're available for all to share.

#4 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 08 May 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I enjoy reading the Twitter accounts of several recently graduated working actors. I disagree that they're as dull as ditchwater! In fact, they offer a truthful partial account of the actor's life. I do sometimes wonder at what stage of their careers they will withdraw some of their tweets or make their conversations private, but for now they're available for all to share.

Oh, do share !! I follow a few, none rises much above the banal. @ProResting is amusing.

#5 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Okay, yes, you could say they're banal. But the interest is that they're not intended for general readership, whereas the username @ProResting suggests a tweeter actively seeking followers. Think Mike Leigh or Alecky Blythe, as opposed to Stephen Fry.

#6 Epicoene

Epicoene

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

I expect Sir David Hare will be untroubled by this little bit of light joshing given that he continues to be handed money by the NT who have funded him for many decades:

"The National Theatre will stage an epic "true-life Slumdog Millionaire play" next year, according to the Daily Mail.
David Hare is reportedly adapting Katherine Boo's non-fiction book Behind The Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death And Hope In A Mumbai Undercity for a production to be staged in the Olivier in "autumn 2014", directed by Rufus Norris."

One could hardly imagine anyone less suitable to adapt the book, but there you are.

This rumour that Rufus Norris is the last one in the running to run NT is somewhat depressing - he was perfect for the Almeida job wheras Goold would have been better at NT.

#7 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

I wondered if the David Hare NT story might be a glorious spoof, like when, after the success of the RSC's Nicholas Nickleby, Ken Campbell wrote to all and sundry in the theatre world, in the guise of Trevor Nunn, informing them that he was reconstituting the RSC as the Royal Dickens Company and inviting them to participate in a planned production of Little Dorrit. Many responded positively...

Are the Rufus Norris rumours any more than speculation? Brilliant director and collaborator, but always as a freelance, as far as I know, so zero relevant experience to be AD of anything. Please correct me if I'm wrong. He'd be my top choice to continue as an Associate Director at the NT.

I'm hoping that Rupert Goold's Almeida will be similar in programme to his Headlong, with the enhancement of international talent, which he pledged on his appointment. I assume he'll continue his film, opera and other freelance work, which he could hardly do at an organisation as vast as the NT.

#8 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

What is 'the enhancement of international talent'? Do tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users