6 replies to this topic

#1 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Does the New Wimbledon Theatre (or ATG in general) accept 'returns'.  I have some tickets I can't use and wondered if it was worth contacting them.  Can anyone explain exactly how returns work, as I've never needed to do this before?  I assume only heavily sold out shows bother with returns anyway, so this is probably pointless.

#2 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

From my experience ATG doesn't accept returns. If the show is sold out you could contact the box office as they may offer to try and sell the tickets on. If they manage to sell your tickets you will get your money back. But as far as I know this only works for sold out shows.

#3 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thanks, much as I expected!

#4 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

You can exchange your tickets for a different performance for a small fee if you ask 48 hours before the event; http://www.atgtickets.com/faqs/

but no refunds :[
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#5 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

If it's sold out they'll sell on. I had a v good experience with ATG when I couldn't attend a performance of the recent McAvoy Macbeth.  Rang them up at 11am on the day of the performance (which was a 2.30pm mat), and they managed to sell it on, and I collected the cash when I was next up.

#6 Coated peanut

Coated peanut

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

I have exchanged tickets through ATG, and even got the difference refunded when the same price ticket wasn't available for any other performances after ATG cleared it with the theatre - I'm wondering whether the exchange/refund also depends on the theatre you're booking for or whether are they the same for all venues

#7 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

New website has opened giving up to date information on theatre day seats.
londondayseats.com
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users