18 replies to this topic

#11 glossie

glossie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Well, I'm listening at the moment and enjoying it....sort of... Is it just me or does anyone else get 'pop' sound every few seconds? It's driving me nuts! "Marry me a" pop "little..." :wacko:

#12 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm enjoying it, I guess. I wish they'd move away from the more "stereotypical" musicals though. I've heard a lot of Moulin Rouge (ironically, playing now), a lot of Disney (especially Mary Poppins!), Mamma Mia, Chess (recently had 2 Chess songs in the space of 30 minutes, for example) etc etc... I'd love to hear more unknown gems.

Edit: and this is like the 10th Spamalot song I've heard on the station. I love Spamalot though :P
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#13 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yeah Spamalot is on at the moment :P

#14 StephenWithAP

StephenWithAP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

It's Stuart Matthew Price at the moment singing from his recent album. Plus, I've heard Tomorrow Morning and Catch Me if you Can.

#15 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostStephenWithAP, on 30 May 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

It's Stuart Matthew Price at the moment singing from his recent album. Plus, I've heard Tomorrow Morning and Catch Me if you Can.

Sure, not denying there aren't some lesser known musical songs being played. But oh look, Moulin Rouge! again.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#16 TheatreDust

TheatreDust

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hopefully the playlist will extend as the days go on.  I know what you mean though - I've heard a couple of tracks more than once over the last two days.  Mind you, I have been listening more that might be considered normal!

Some of the launch blurb suggested that they plan to have MT interviews and more chat-based MT programmes too at some point.  I hope so - that will add some more texture to the station.  

By the way - JemmThree is now visible in the TuneIn app (someone was asking yesterday when it would be).

#17 StephenWithAP

StephenWithAP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostKevinUK, on 29 May 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Would help if I could get it to work on my TuneIn or on their official app! Great idea though!

Hi Kevin

I've been listening through the Tune In app, but the station also now appears on the JemmRadio app as well.

#18 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I've died and gone to musical heaven. Yes some repetition but tbh I'm loving it already. Just got to sort out the app now for my phone :)

#19 StephenWithAP

StephenWithAP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

View Postglossie, on 30 May 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Well, I'm listening at the moment and enjoying it....sort of... Is it just me or does anyone else get 'pop' sound every few seconds? It's driving me nuts! "Marry me a" pop "little..." Posted Image

Just worked out what that pop is - it's from the chat room on the player. Every time someone interacts it 'pops'. If there are a lot of people in there  - there aren't at the moment - you can turn the sound effect off by clicking on the speaker icon.

Closer then Ever playing at the moment...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users