• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nicciact

nicciact

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Please see below my letter to music scope, I have been working in amateur Theatre for years and am beyond applauded by the unprofessional behaviour and rudeness of the staff in Music scope, especially the lady who deals with Oliver applications
Dear Mr Jenson.

I hope you can shed some light on the below

I am becoming exasperated, I have called about 15 times, to be promised by a member of staff will be called back, I have let other show's go as a result of wait to here if it has been excepted. No one has ever called us back.

We are very fair and easy going people, and we do appreciate you are busy, like we all are, but even if you call back and say we have not yet decided, or some reason for the delay, I do not think this is unreasonable.

We have a great relationship with RUG and Josef Weinberger but every time we have ever applied for a Music scope licsence, we find the staff on the other end of the phone very off hand, and continually make us feel we are an irritation.

We are not the only Theatre companies who feel this, this has been mentioned by many of our friends in the industry.

We run a business ourselves and this is just not how we treat our customers.

I am sure our application will be in the negative as a result of our complain , but we honestly had to bring this to your attention.

Thank you for you time and we hope you take on board our feelings and thoughts. For your interest the last conversation I had with a member of staff today, she put the phone down on me and told me that she would not talk to me anymore !!!

I would like peoples thoughts on this??

#2 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Yes, they are well known to be difficult to deal with. This is what happens with a monopoly. Most businesses compete but if you want the amateur rights to certain shows you have to go through Musicscope. So they have completely the upper hand. The only way is not do produce shows licenced by them.

#3 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Musicscope are known to be very difficult.
I have written so many similar letters to them over the years.
They are totally unprofessional in everything they handle.  They even threatened to fine me for not using their courier. They also only work part time!

As you say Weinbergers and Rug are so very different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users