104 replies to this topic

#101 Loopyjohn

Loopyjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

It feels a bit like Trafalgar Studios One.  There's a steep rake on the seating, ensuring a good view.  But legroom is tight.  For a brand new theatre I thought it was surprisingly uncomfortable.

#102 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

The steep rake makes you feel far away from the stage when in actual you aren't. I also don't like the marble bar and foyer-makes you feel you in a souless hotel! But apart from that it's a great theatre ;-)

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#103 Lady Fluff

Lady Fluff

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Didn't think I'd get a chance to see this, but circumstances changed and I'm excited to be going mid-March. Row M, so right near the back, but budgets dictate sadly. Looking very much forward to it though, especially now they've announced the full cast. Slightly sceptical about Fleeshman, but I've seen enough people write decent things about him in other things to have an open mind.

#104 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

This time the leg space didn't bother us.

We would have dearly liked to dine there, but the prices are extortionate!

#105 danieldabell

danieldabell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostLady Fluff, on 25 January 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Didn't think I'd get a chance to see this, but circumstances changed and I'm excited to be going mid-March. Row M, so right near the back, but budgets dictate sadly. Looking very much forward to it though, especially now they've announced the full cast. Slightly sceptical about Fleeshman, but I've seen enough people write decent things about him in other things to have an open mind.

Before seeing Richard Fleeshman is Ghost I was very sceptical, just thinking he was a teenager from Coronation Street that had done a bit of pop music. He blew me away in Ghost as an actor, singer & performer. Incredible. I made sure I then caught it again on broadway to see him in it again.
Hopefully I'll get to see Urinetown now. I'm interested in the show anyway, and a "name" has only drawn me to a show a couple of times, but I really want to see it to see Richard again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users